Selling a Decoder?

NomNom

Executive Member
So there's quite a story to this but I need to sell a newish DSD 1132, it's about a week old, there's nothing wrong with it or anything I just don't need it.

So is it possible to actually sell a decoder to someone else? What happens in terms of the smart card?

web

Executive Member
So there's quite a story to this but I need to sell a newish DSD 1132, it's about a week old, there's nothing wrong with it or anything I just don't need it.

So is it possible to actually sell a decoder to someone else? What happens in terms of the smart card?

You get a change of ownership form from DSTV, or you can phone when you sell it and make sure they change the ownership to the new owner. I prefer the form though because then when they cock up the billing like they tend too you have proof that you changed ownership.

NomNom

Executive Member
You get a change of ownership form from DSTV, or you can phone when you sell it and make sure they change the ownership to the new owner. I prefer the form though because then when they cock up the billing like they tend too you have proof that you changed ownership.

Ah I see thanks, so the smart card goes to the new order it's just the account on the smart card that gets changed.

web

Executive Member
Transfer the smart card and the decoder to the new owner as a unit.

NomNom

Executive Member
Transfer the smart card and the decoder to the new owner as a unit.

Ok thanks for the help, so are you in the market for a DSD1132? I know a guy :D

Last edited:

NomNom

Executive Member
I'm more intrigued by this... :whistling:

Well you asked for it.

About a week ago my DSD 1110 packed up, so the following day I went to go get a new one a DSD 1132, thing though is I am apart of this DSTV survey. To be apart of the survey you need to have this little modem thing connected to your decoder, it was only after I got the new DSD1132 that I realized that it doesn't have a modem port.

So what I did was I contacted the people who run the survey about it and they said they will replace the decoder for me so now I am stuck with a DSD 1132 that I have no use for. :rolleyes: