Should I...

Trixanno

Agreed with D3x. Just playing all the older titles that is a must play, will take a while. That's not even to mention the new titles out recently or coming out shortly...Uncharted 2, Tekken 6, Ratchet & Clank.

I got my slim a month ago and honestly have nothing to complain about, except for the fact that I need more hours in a day.

ryu

Expert Member
why not keep the wii until the new mario comes out ? (in nov IIRC), then get the ps3 :)

F

Fudzy

There's a PS3 motion controller just around the corner. Unless you're a huge Mario fan I'd flog it now (before the Wii price dips anymore) and get a PS3.

Lemon369

Official retail annoucements for the wands are still to be made, i'll say have one more fling with the wii....new Super Mario Bro's and Mario Galaxy 2 seem to be real gems...I would play those and then definitely get the PS3...great titles comign up in the next 3-6 months with some superb exclusives in 2009...Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Uncharted 2, Infamous, etc....

ButterflyXXX

There's a PS3 motion controller just around the corner. Unless you're a huge Mario fan I'd flog it now (before the Wii price dips anymore) and get a PS3.

i was gonna suggest the same thing - i'm a huge mario fan and so would never sell my wii

ButterflyXXX

Official retail annoucements for the wands are still to be made, i'll say have one more fling with the wii....new Super Mario Bro's and Mario Galaxy 2 seem to be real gems...I would play those and then definitely get the PS3...great titles comign up in the next 3-6 months with some superb exclusives in 2009...Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Uncharted 2, Infamous, etc....

i can't friggen wait!! i've got Galaxy 1 and it's awesome, played it almost twice. super paper mario is great as well!

razer1980

Choices choices!

I want to keep the Wii for the exclusives. I'm a HUGE Super Mario fan!

But on the other hand I miss HD gaming. My 360 is in heaven now RIP, and the only thing that put me off of the PS3 was the price. Until now.

Do you guys think we'll see some specials on the PS3 this xmas, or would retailers take advantage of it to hike prices?

matt loves telkom

I got the bundle from Incredible Connection . R4900 with the extra controller and 2 games.
You only live once...thats the attitude i had to go in with :p.

But i dont know man...i have respect for a Wii and everything but im sure they cant really compare.if you want exclusives you want exclusives. sacrifices ..eish
And xmas is still far away....

Lemon369

One thing to consider, once the Wii-HD is officially announced, the current wii's will be sold for next to nothing (not sure about at retail) but definitely 2nd hand...so best to sell as sooon as possible before any HD annoucement is made and the market is flooded....when it does get flooded, might not seem that bad to buy one for R1200 in good condition and with controllers....

ButterflyXXX

eish, I wish I could afford to get the PS3 and keep my Wii :eek:

if you don't mind buying on credit, and if you have an edgars card (or, i'm not sure, any of the edcon group accounts) - buy it on the cna site or else go to cna itself and use your edgars card, and if you have the 6 months interest free account - all the better! i was going to use my credit card, but i hate running that up because of the interest charged, so i got the bright idea to use my edgars account. i bought my ps3 slim on monday.

i have a wii and xbox 360 :) and no, i'm not rich or earn a huge salary, i just bought them on my credit card (months apart of course-i'm not totally nuts) and all paid off by now.

but yeah, if you realllllly realllly can't - i dunno what to suggest. they're both cool consoles :(

Last edited: