• No - where there's no smoke there's no fire

Votes: 135 33.5%
  • Other (because...)

Votes: 26 6.5%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
To what extent, if any, do you believe e-cigarettes should be regulated? Should they be treated as tobacco products, or should they enjoy a greater degree of latitude?

Will consumers benefit sufficiently from some quality control mechanisms being put in or are regulations just an excuse to give the tax man a higher cut?

EDIT: What about vapers? Should they be treated as smokers?

Last edited:

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
Any "mechanisms" will be promulgated by guavament. There will be zero benefit to the man on the street. Liquids and mechanisms are already taxed when purchsed. ANC can fukoff.

Francois Marais

The idiots in the ANC (FU ANC Voters) will try to tax everything. They ruined the country and got it right where they wanted it. A failed state. So now they tax the crap out of everything in a last-ditch effort to ruin the man on the street and to get more money to steal.
Wish I could get out of this **** hole!

Brian_G

Expert Member
Other - some similar or related dangers, some not so clear cut.

ronald911

Expert Member
Vaping is already treated as smoking in the aviation industry.

The rest of the world might as well join the party.

isie

Honorary Master
To what extent, if any, do you believe e-cigarettes should be regulated? Should they be treated as tobacco products, or should they enjoy a greater degree of latitude?
Should be treated the same as cigarettes - and before vapers chime in that " but the one i use doesn't have Nicotine or is less this and that etc" - yes but with all the variations how the hell can the person next to you tell any of this - so unfortunately it's going to have to be lumped in together
Will consumers benefit sufficiently from some quality control mechanisms being put in
this depends on the vapers to be honest - current regulation was supposed to lesson the exposure of smoke to non smokers - clearly it hasn't worked hence the escalation of rules

or are regulations just an excuse to give the tax man a higher cut?
That being said government will try and get higher tax on whatever they can - the Sin tax is a story

Neuk_

Expert Member
Although I believe that vaping should be treated similarly to smoking I voted other because your poll option of "Yes - they contain nicotine" is a half truth.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Although I believe that vaping should be treated similarly to smoking I voted other because your poll option of "Yes - they contain nicotine" is a half truth.
There is also the possibility of there being smoke without fire but that doesn't seem to have put people off selecting that option.

s0lar

Is the government not just pissed at the challenge from BATSA in court earlier this year? Seems like strange timing with a bit of spite thrown in. They must not be challenged or face consequence.

Neuk_

Expert Member
There is also the possibility of there being smoke without fire but that doesn't seem to have put people off selecting that option.

I believe that in most cases people should be allowed to put whatever they want in their bodies ;) It shouldn't affect others though and they must suffer or enjoy the consequences though.

Grouter

Expert Member
Why don't we just go full retard, like Australia is doing, and completely ignore freedom and personal choice? Our government seems hell-bent on doing this in every other aspect of our lives.