Showmax recommends a simple password

Would you view more Showmax on DSTV if you didn't have to log in everytime?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

centurionguy

I am frustrated by having to use the DSTV Explora on-screen keyboard to sign in to Showmax. My email address is quite long and my password is a mix of upper and lower case characters, numbers and special characters. It can take me 2 or 3 minutes to sign in which is why I don't watch much Showmax (Showmax take note!!!)

I got onto a live chat with a Showmax agent about this and their solution stunned me.

1540306529217.png
So while the rest of the world keeps tightening password formats to keep everything secure, Showmax recommends a "simple" password. I'm sure that will keep my account very secure.

Attachments

• 1540306509594.png
    1540306509594.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 21

ekske1

Executive Member
And when they say jump into a fire or off a cliff you'd follow?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Wait why do you have to log in everytime? I've put the details once into both my decoders and never had to put it in again?

centurionguy

Thanks for this. I have no idea,. Everytime I want to watch Showmax I am required to log in. If this is not the norm then nobody at Showmax nor DSTV has bothered to tell me. I'll investigate further

Lupus

Honorary Master
Thanks for this. I have no idea,. Everytime I want to watch Showmax I am required to log in. If this is not the norm then nobody at Showmax nor DSTV has bothered to tell me. I'll investigate further
No it would be pretty silly if you ask me, as the whole thing is integrated into the decoder, I hit the Showmax button and it takes me without having to log in again. Same as when I use it on my phone, Xbox or what ever.