Slow Google services on Rain?

thomas37

I am having a problem with any Google related services on Rain 5G. It's only been an issue in the last day or two. Google search times out or take a long time to load. Any website (including this forum) that uses some sort of Google service takes forever to load. I do not have a speed problem with anything else. My speed tests run at around 380 Mbps download with 12 Mbps of upload speed. Anybody experiencing the same?

Attachments

BlueOne

I was saying this to my wife just last night. I was seeing Youtube sometimes needs a nudge to load, or sites with Google ads take awhile to get going.

kabusi

I was saying this to my wife just last night. I was seeing Youtube sometimes needs a nudge to load, or sites with Google ads take awhile to get going.
I was noticing it was extremely sluggish and timing out on 4G as well when it was trying to access Google services.
But I have generally appalling speed so just thought it's business as usual at Rain.

mrlgm007

this was a issue on 4G and had to use a VPN even changing DNS did not work for me please dont say we going down this road again :mad:

kabusi

this was a issue on 4G and had to use a VPN even changing DNS did not work for me please dont say we going down this road again :mad:
Yes I had the Google issue previously when my speeds were around 5Mbps.
With Rain 4G everything these days is a struggle. Think this has to do with Vodacom being involved in managing the 4G infratructure.
With the 5G service being handled only by Rain, at least the users get assisted most of the time.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Started yesterday. I get 350Mbps speedtest to local and 300Mbps to international but google related services is slow.

Could be a peering issue at JHB. Once a download starts in gdrive though it seems fine.

mrlgm007

If the mother in law asks what is wrong with YouTube then you know.

let me do some tests

Kawak

Just activated my rain sim, wonderful speeds on speedtest 600 local 350 internationa but youtube wont load? WTF? guess im sticking with fibre.

RichardG

Honorary Master
This issue has been ongoing have to refresh my browser a few times in ordrr to get throughput to Gmail, Google and YouTube.. Hope they sort out their peering issue

Jimmy

Same here. My mother was complaining about slow Youtube speeds yesterday.