Slow Speedtest and bad support

ara

Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2005
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
I have moved one of my lines to Afrihost and it is just one of the worst experiences to date.
Every now and then the speed drops from 500 Mbps to 50 Mbps. It has happened about 5 times in three months.

The issue is that it does not seem like there is a permanent solution. The other frustrating issue is dealing with support. They don't understand if you tell them you run a speed test directly from the router as I use Ubiquiti equipment.

Then just to get them to recreate the port is a mission. Also to get them to get Openserve out to come and check the line is a mission. Anyone else experienced this sort of behavior on Afrihost and the lack of support or permanent fixes.
 
Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience, especially the recurring speed drops and the difficulty you've had getting the issue investigated. I understand how frustrating it must be to have the issue recur without a permanent resolution.

Please send me your B number so I can review the line history and the previous troubleshooting completed.

Regarding an Openserve technician, I first need to provide Openserve with sufficient evidence that the issue is occurring on their infrastructure before they will dispatch a technician. I understand that having to go through this process repeatedly is frustrating.

Once you provide the Bnumber, I'll review the previous cases and see what further testing we can do to narrow down the cause and determine the next steps.
I have moved one of my lines to Afrihost and it is just one of the worst experiences to date.
Every now and then the speed drops from 500 Mbps to 50 Mbps. It has happened about 5 times in three months.

The issue is that it does not seem like there is a permanent solution. The other frustrating issue is dealing with support. They don't understand if you tell them you run a speed test directly from the router as I use Ubiquiti equipment.

Then just to get them to recreate the port is a mission. Also to get them to get Openserve out to come and check the line is a mission. Anyone else experienced this sort of behavior on Afrihost and the lack of support or permanent fixes.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X