SMS Roamer and retrieving voicemails

erb

In order to retrieve voicemails while roaming one has to dial +27 82 14 ....then the last 9 digits of your number (aka your number minus the first 0) and quickly press 1 while you hear your voicemail message. Easy enough, but if you have not set up your voicemail pin, you are stuffed.

So, is there any way I can access/setup/reset my voicebox pin while overseas?

Speedster

Executive Member
In order to retrieve voicemails while roaming one has to dial +27 82 14 ....then the last 9 digits of your number (aka your number minus the first 0) and quickly press 1 while you hear your voicemail message. Easy enough, but if you have not set up your voicemail pin, you are stuffed.

So, is there any way I can access/setup/reset my voicebox pin while overseas?
Are you phoning from your number or from a different line?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Customer Care can change your PIN. I can also reset voice mail pins...but the system then resets it to a value that is not accepted by the system if you want ot access your voicemail from overseas...thats why customer care has to manually change it to something else appart from the system default.

erb

Customer Care can change your PIN. I can also reset voice mail pins...but the system then resets it to a value that is not accepted by the system if you want ot access your voicemail from overseas...thats why customer care has to manually change it to something else appart from the system default.
Can this be done from out of the country, and if so, could you let me have a number I should call?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
You are welcome. Let us know what happens.

Mantis

In the end it was all handled via customercare@vodacom.co.za
I have to compliment Vodacom customer care on the way they handled this. Well done!
I must say Vodacom Cust Serv does have great staff. The problems or complaints are usually because of a few few not really knowing whats going on.
The dealings I've had with them were usually good lately. The only problems are when you want to report a network error (not connecting etc) and they tell you to try again in an hour or the following day. (I want to use it now damnit). But yes I do understand that problems do happen and cannot always be sorted out immediately on the spot.

btw occie, are you in a store, head office, regional office, where?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
ag nee man, gee 'n regte antwoord.

of 'n hintjie, toe
lol. I work for a company that owns a bunch of Vodacom and Chatz Connect shops. I am based at the headoffice of this company...very very close by to the Death Star. :)