Rkootknir
Expert Member
- Joined
- Dec 8, 2005
- Messages
- 1,180
- Reaction score
- 98
The new 5kw units are silent as they do not have fans but instead have a larger heat sink.
Great, so I could potentially put it in the kitchen near the DB - was thinking I would have to get cabling & trunking to a back room / closet.1. There is noise from the fans (8kW) when they kick in I have to "listen" for the noise in the kitchen directly opposite room from the garage to hear it.
2. 100% I dont even know when LS happens PC carries on mining as if nothing happened and the rest of the house goes on without skipping a beat
Apart from the cost of the inverter & batteries what is a ballpark cost for the rest of such an installation - connectors, splitting the DB, etc? I've seen around R10k but don't have any idea if that is high or low.

