So I went to Capitec

I don't even have a car so that ebucks on fuel purchases already falls away.

/jumps through hoop

Mmm, my fuel spend (uber use earns it too) was R1600 last month, which converts into R240 ebucks, which means I would have had R420 ebucks if i didn't use fuel, which I would have sold for R504, meaning R353 profit after subtracting the fees. About my annual interest earned with Capitec.

My savings are mostly in low risk unit trusts.

/jumps through next hoop
 
You guys are bickering over small change. the interest on Capitec acounts covers expenses with a few rand lying there. Other banks do not give interest. they may have reward programs but none of them compares to the interest I'm getting.

What? I receive interest at FNB, in fact I get more than 7% with their money market account.

Why would you even think other banks does not pay interest?
 
What? I receive interest at FNB, in fact I get more than 7% with their money market account.

Why would you even think other banks does not pay interest?
Which product is that exactly?
Do you have a link to it please
 
*Need to have 100k in the account
*R65? fee

Lol I'd rather get a proper money market fund.

Considering you get R604 interest per month on your starting R100k, R65 is not exorbitant (and I am a Capitec+VMCC user who despises every Rand of fees and charges I pay). You will also not find a better money market rate from any of the main banks - I checked.

My financial advisor said he can get me slightly better at Investec, but I like to see my capital when I log into FNB so that is how I decided.
 
I'm on 7.5% with Capitec for 6 month fixed deposit.

Even if you have a million in there, to me, locking money away for half a year does not justify the extra R265 monthly interest that .25% premium is giving you (R200 extra interest and no monthly fee as opposed to FNB R65pm). But different strokes...
 
He believes he's getting best returns compared to all other banks let's not break his dreams by comparing with another bank let's allow him to be happy
We already did that here. Other banks pay peanuts and FNB even penalises you for saving up.

I don't even have a car so that ebucks on fuel purchases already falls away.
That's the part they never get. I'd hardly earn enough ebucks to cover the ridiculous monthly cost. But of course none of them ever responded to that and they'll just keep repeating their mantra next time.

Even if you have a million in there, to me, locking money away for half a year does not justify the extra R265 monthly interest that .25% premium is giving you (R200 extra interest and no monthly fee as opposed to FNB R65pm). But different strokes...
Having to put R100k into an account doesn't justify the little extra interest I'd get if I were able to.
 
@Swa - out of interest how much do you spend a month on food, elec, petrol, entertainment, paying bills etc.
You either don't spend much or completely clueless on how FNB eB's work.
 
@Swa - out of interest how much do you spend a month on food, elec, petrol, entertainment, paying bills etc.
You either don't spend much or completely clueless on how FNB eB's work.

+1 A breakdown of his/her monthly expenses would be nice. And the elusive interest earned per month that all Capitec people speak of, but can never give you a straight answer on how much they earn per month.
 
@Swa - out of interest how much do you spend a month on food, elec, petrol, entertainment, paying bills etc.
You either don't spend much or completely clueless on how FNB eB's work.
Petrol not more than R200. Municipal we try to keep below R1500. Food is probably between R2500 and R3000 and it's a combination of Checkers and Woolworths. Come to think of it a Woolies credit card will probably give me back more here.

+1 A breakdown of his/her monthly expenses would be nice. And the elusive interest earned per month that all Capitec people speak of, but can never give you a straight answer on how much they earn per month.
Yet we've continually provided that. Last time I provided a breakdown of what I'll get back and what tier I'll reach all of you became eerily quiet and just ignored it. I'm also not allowed to post in your precious ebucks threads and ask questions so please, why don't all of you do us a favour and stop trolling in our Capitec thread. It is just one compared to the dozens of threads on how to make ebucks work.
 
Petrol not more than R200. Municipal we try to keep below R1500. Food is probably between R2500 and R3000 and it's a combination of Checkers and Woolworths. Come to think of it a Woolies credit card will probably give me back more here.


Yet we've continually provided that. Last time I provided a breakdown of what I'll get back and what tier I'll reach all of you became eerily quiet and just ignored it. I'm also not allowed to post in your precious ebucks threads and ask questions so please, why don't all of you do us a favour and stop trolling in our Capitec thread. It is just one compared to the dozens of threads on how to make ebucks work.

:wtf: I'm guessing you can walk between rain drops too? :whistle:

Dozens? :wtf: Please let me know your location, so I can point you in the direction of the nearest guide dog facility.
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X