So I went to Capitec

A) He dodges all the questions.
B) There is only one eBucks thread per year.
A) LOL, keep trolling. Seriously you just proved what I said. Keep ignoring the answers I gave...
B) As opposed the the single Capitec thread. Please take these things elsewhere.
 
Same as why is there a delay of days between my customer swiping his credit card in my store to the money being in my business bank account.

I have always said the banks slow things down so they intentionally sit with the money longer.

With Capitec, If I EFT from any other bank to Capitec today before 3pm, the money will show in my Capitec account before 8pm. No other bank reflects an incoming, different bank EFT until at least just past midnight the following day. Crooks!
Funny I've never had that experience. If I EFT from Capitec to another bank before the cutoff it's always in the other bank account around 8pm from the reports I get.

A quick Google gave me nothing, can anyone remember if Capitec ever commented on the fact that they don't offer business accounts and whether they will in future?
I'm gatvol of FNB getting the worste service ever, I heard to stay far far away from Netbank business accounts and in general I don't like Absa or Standard.
In a way they do. If you're looking for a card machine they have that but the money gets deposited periodically in another account or a Capitec account. Alternatively the people I know just use their own personal Capitec accounts.

The site's new look is basically exactly the same or is it just me?
Anyone else have columns no longer lining up?
 
How is Capitec for people who live overseas currently and need to manage their SA bank accounts online? Hubby and I are long time customers of Standard Bank on the elite/premium scheme where we supposedly have "private bankers". They do not respond to emails and are constantly on maternity leave or suchlike. Thoroughly sick of it. On top of that I pay an overdraft fee of R57 per month in spite of not having had an overdraft for years. Any request is ignored and I still pay a ridiculous monthly fee for zero service.
 
Funny I've never had that experience. If I EFT from Capitec to another bank before the cutoff it's always in the other bank account around 8pm from the reports I get.

He is saying transfer happen fast with Capitec, you say they happen fast with Capitec, but yet you have never had the experience? Mmmmm... :confused:
 
He is saying transfer happen fast with Capitec, you say they happen fast with Capitec, but yet you have never had the experience? Mmmmm... :confused:
He's saying if you send money to another bank they keep it for an extra day. Never had that happen with me.
 
How is Capitec for people who live overseas currently and need to manage their SA bank accounts online?
I wouldn't use Capitec for that...

I don't think there are options for non-branch FICA for example... Or card replacements, activation for online transactions, activation of internet banking, activation of new phone as token....
 
He's saying if you send money to another bank they keep it for an extra day. Never had that happen with me.

Please highlight in the below where he says that?

Same as why is there a delay of days between my customer swiping his credit card in my store to the money being in my business bank account.

I have always said the banks slow things down so they intentionally sit with the money longer.

With Capitec, If I EFT from any other bank to Capitec today before 3pm, the money will show in my Capitec account before 8pm. No other bank reflects an incoming, different bank EFT until at least just past midnight the following day. Crooks!

Let me unpack it a bit:
His first and second sentence talk about other banks and how slow they are and how credit card payments take long to show in business bank account (since Capitec doesn't have business bank accounts he is obviously not talking about them either).

In the third sentence:
He talk about how an incoming transaction from another bank shows so fast in Capitec and that other banks are much slower with transfers between them (where no Capitec is involved).

So in conclusion:
He doesn't mention outgoing transactions from Capitec at all, so you are pulling that from nowhere.
 
Please highlight in the below where he says that?



Let me unpack it a bit:
His first and second sentence talk about other banks and how slow they are and how credit card payments take long to show in business bank account (since Capitec doesn't have business bank accounts he is obviously not talking about them either).

In the third sentence:
He talk about how an incoming transaction from another bank shows so fast in Capitec and that other banks are much slower with transfers between them (where no Capitec is involved).

So in conclusion:
He doesn't mention outgoing transactions from Capitec at all, so you are pulling that from nowhere.
Third paragraph. He says transfers from other banks to Capitec reflect the same day. Let's ignore the 3PM part as not all have the same cutoff day. Then he says with the other banks a transfer from another bank only reflects after midnight. That is inter bank transfer to a bank that's not Capitec takes a day longer. He's not excluding from Capitec to another bank.
 
Any bank during business hours to Capitec = money reflects in Capitec early that evening earning you interest on that day already.

Any bank, including capitec, to any other bank, excluding Capitec, during business hours = money only in the following day just after midnight. Means no interest earned on the EFT day.

Hope that clears it up, SSS knew what I was trying to say.
 
Let me unpack it a bit:
His first and second sentence talk about other banks and how slow they are and how credit card payments take long to show in business bank account (since Capitec doesn't have business bank accounts he is obviously not talking about them either).

So in conclusion:
He doesn't mention outgoing transactions from Capitec at all, so you are pulling that from nowhere.

This might be what they are referring to: https://www.capitecbank.co.za/business-services/card-machines
 
Last edited:
We make banking simple to suit the needs of our clients. Our understanding of the circumstances of our clients in an economy under severe pressure,*enables us to challenge what we do and make adjustments to address demands in the*market. The personalised solutions produce real value for our clients.*The Global One solution remains the most affordable bank account in the market when considering transaction fees, and interest*of at least 5.1% is earned on any positive balance in any account.*The monthly fee on our credit card was reduced to R35 per month.
South Africans appreciate that we help them manage their financial lives better, so they can live better. By the end of August 2017, we had 9.2 million active clients and*increased our number of branches to 811. This represents client growth of 106*000 per month over the last 12 months.
We made further progress on our out-of-branch transacting strategy with self-service banking transactions (cellphone banking app, internet banking, self-service terminals and dual note recyclers) increasing by*43%. This improves accessibility for clients. Allowing clients to bank from anywhere, anytime and in any way, ensures clients are always in full control.*
We were placed first in the overall mobile banking category by the SITEisfaction® 2017 survey. The simplicity and great user experience of our internet and mobile banking resulted in Capitec being voted South Africa’s best digital bank of 2017.
Being recognised as the fastest growing overall brand in South Africa and voted the best bank in the world for the second time in a row according to Lafferty Group’s annual Bank Quality Ratings survey, serves as a reminder to constantly improve and set standards higher than any accolades received. We retain our focus of exceptional personal service and delivery of simple, transparent solutions.

https://www.capitecbank.co.za/resources/Summarised_unaudited_results.pdf
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X