So what did you braai this weekend?

flarkit

Executive Member
Some lamb chops coated with ground pepper & thyme, marinated peri-peri chicken pieces, and jacket potatoes with garlic wrapped in foil.

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
Some lamb chops coated with ground pepper & thyme, marinated peri-peri chicken pieces, and jacket potatoes with garlic wrapped in foil.
Sounds nice apart from the garlic bit messing up the taters :p

Devill

Damned
Peri-Peri Chicken in a bag on the braai :D

Have any of you braaied it like this before?

Herm

Did some pork rib yesterday along with marinated chicken pieces with beeeg mushrooms topped with garlic+butter+fetta, wrapped in foil.

Thinking of doing a chicken in the Webber tonight... :D:D:D

Devill

Damned
Doesn't the plastic burn? No plastic taste to the chicken?

nope, you can boil water ina plastic bag.

Thus you "stew" the chicken in the bag. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/731626/fire_proof_bag/

It works nicely but the grill has to be cold before you place the bag+chicken on. Also I have found there must be enough marinade and also it tends to be easier if there are no open flames only red hot coals :D

flarkit

Executive Member
Peri-Peri Chicken in a bag on the braai :D

Have any of you braaied it like this before?

Ding! We've done this a few times, with good results (think soft juicy chicken). I wouldn't recommend it too often, since the bags tend to have little holes burnt into them and I fear toxic materials mixing with the food.

Devill

Damned
Ding! We've done this a few times, with good results (think soft juicy chicken). I wouldn't recommend it too often, since the bags tend to have little holes burnt into them and I fear toxic materials mixing with the food.

lol, eat any microwaved food?

Same effect, or worse im sure ;)

Also if you eat any mcdonalds you will get less toxic materials from eating this everyday for a year, than eating 1 McDonalds Jnr cheeseburger.:p:D

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Chicken and wors. I was however in more of an advisory roll with a frosty in the hand sampling the progress :)

Summoner

Blue-nose and some Skate wings, basted with a mixture of butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice and apricot jam

MaD

Expert Member
Two pork texan steaks + a deboned chicken + chops + chili wors on Saturday, chicken potjie on Sunday. A weekend isn't a weekend without meat, and lots of it :)

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
Chicken and wors. I was however in more of an advisory roll with a frosty in the hand sampling the progress :)
The frosty is very important during all stages :D Here a very nice porter to go with the meal:

387689545_NNs26-S.jpg

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
Two pork texan steaks + a deboned chicken + chops + chili wors on Saturday, chicken potjie on Sunday. A weekend isn't a weekend without meat, and lots of it :)
Funnily enough, I also did a deboned chicken on Sat (first time). Must admit it was *really* nice. I did it on the gas braai and was amazed at the amount of fat that came out of it - I'll do it on charcoal next time.