So what would you do?

Pitbull

Verboten
first paycheck went to SA
2nd paycheck went to the trip back to SA basically to suprise my family (the promise of my residence + bank account being sorted out in the first week of June was there) so my 3rd paycheck going straight into the account + the company being listed at the bank meant I could do the personal loan and wipe **** clean in SA so I don't have to worry about scrambling for money every month. NB I get paid on the last day of the month.

3rd one I got just now and because I can't open up a zero balance account because my company isn't listed and couldn't arrange for the account, I need a minimum balance of R15k...

So yea
My little useless advice. Use the bare minimum to survive this month. All should be sorted by next. Then you should have enough to get it rolling.

If you owe people..... tough shyt. Sort your house first. Charity begins at home ;)

guest2013-1

yea, and want to know the clincher?

because the company didn't pay me into a bank account, most banks here, when applying for a loan, require 2 months worth of salaries or bank statement showing your salary being paid into.

I seriously can't survive another month without paying my ****. I thought it would have been sorted by now...

Waaib

Executive Member
You have the residency though ... can't you change jobs?

I recently took a serious look at moving to Dubai. When chatting to colleagues from SA and Europre they all agreed that it is a great place to live but you have to fight for everything you want. Maybe a 'I just can't cope, I'm resigning' type chat or something similar would create some urgency with your bosses.

Last edited:

guest2013-1

Having residency means your company sponsors you, as soon as you change companies you have to re-apply for residency and visas etc

Quitting is an option yes. The fact is just that the company promised to have sorted out my bank account and visa 2 weeks from June already, I had to personally sort out all the **** today and had a nice conversation now with one of the people working here asking me why i cant make deadline. Told them straight up if the company didn't **** me around I would have had time today to sort everything out for them.

I'm not working fridays as well so they can be lucky I'm not claiming overtime, but having said that, I think I should...