So what would you do?

guest2013-1

2007 was a big year for me. I found a girl that loved me for me (first time I had an experience like that) my fast paced job in JHB got me to the point where I realised that it was impacting on my relationship and that my personal life has taken a huge knock over the last 5 years.

Even though the relationship ended, moving back home (Cape Town) and working for a smaller salary made me happier. We decided to stay friends (all you know my history by now) and that worked for me. I enjoy that.

So, I did what I always wanted to do, moved overseas. I'm in Dubai now, with a higher salary, back on the path of a fast paced job. Higher salary usually means more responsibility, nothing I can't handle I can assure you, but the first time in a real management position (doubling as everything else related to IT, I like doing this job but yea)

I took over from a real idiot. He ****ed up so royally that it's literally taking me months to sort out. The management perspective on 2 of these projects is really big, I've outsourced one of them because I couldn't find the time to program it in myself... and the other project is horribly over deadline.

This now brings the company in the position where we're losing money each month. We're not getting any new work done (even though we get a lot of calls to do work for) because of the old work still pending. Plus, this company has a sub-devision e-commerce site that also requires a LOT of my time in sorting out (due to the previous **** up mentioned) and I'm not at the point where I'm working 6 days a week and feel like I'm not making any progress.

On top of this, my residence visa only came in yesterday (was promised a month ago) without which I can't do much. So my bank account should have also been organized, but there is several reasons for the company not doing that yet.

No bank account means no history of my salary going into that account, meaning no way for me to take out a loan just to cover the expenses I incurred the last 2 months in South Africa due to debit orders and such. I already borrowed 20 000 from a friend to cover my expenses with the promise of my bank account sorted in Dubai.

This is all adding up so fast and too much that I'm not at the point of wanting to give up. Tell the company to go **** itself, go back to South Africa and just sukkel like the rest of you and continue ****ing around till I die kind of thing.

The whole idea for me moving down to Cape Town in the first place is to have a balance in my personal life compared to the amount of work I put in, now I'm back to square 1.

I really don't know what to do or think anymore

Pitbull

Verboten
Stick it out mate.

The thing we discussed earlier this morning in my thread can become reality if you stuck things out over there for a while. If you come back now you will have to start afresh again.

Think ahead and move towards that goal. That is what makes me get up every morning :)

Syndyre

Honorary Master
You're probably over the worst part now, as you get settled it'll start to get better, don't give up now after experiencing the worst without getting the benefits. As Pitbull said, stick it out. :)

blunomore

Honorary Master
I am gonna try and give you advice like the guys on this forum would:

So you haven't banged that chick since you became 'just friends' yet?

:D:D

guest2013-1

Problem is people screaming at me for money. My overdraft is shot now so I can't afford NOT to send money, but because the company hasn't organized the bank account for me yet it's a question of now I'm ****ed. Just because they dropped the ball all my plans are going to ****.

I work so god damn much and in the end I get called into meetings asking why we're not making money yet and we should be because we're going into the negative.

I ****ing sell my ass off, get clients interested willing to use our services, yet then have to shift focus off of that and onto an internal project.

Where the hell am I going to find the time to do everything?

I don't take lunch
I work till 7-8pm at night
I now work Fridays (We work Sundays to Thursdays)

I mean wtf? Somethings gotta give...

guest2013-1

I am gonna try and give you advice like the guys on this forum would:

So you haven't banged that chick since you became 'just friends' yet?

:D:D
Heh? Quite a few times yea but thats besides the point?

Not talking about relationships at the moment. Just what to do with my life really and how ****ed I am because everyone promises you **** and when you plan your life around that they let you down and then you're ****ed.

blunomore

Honorary Master

Not talking about relationships at the moment. Just what to do with my life really and how ****ed I am because everyone promises you **** and when you plan your life around that they let you down and then you're ****ed.
I was joking. I can see the stress is getting to you. ****ING swearing is not gonna make any ****ing difference to your ****ing problems. **** !! :D

Pitbull

Verboten

If you have the power, get things to work the way you want it to. Now if you had no Bank account there..... how have you been living these last few months ?

Anyway. Now that you have the papers, the account should be sorted and you will get everything up to speed again. Be frank and let the bosses know why you are not making money and tell them.... If they want to make money they must let you handle X-Z to get it done.

That is the reason people have meetings. It's not for the boss to crap on you, it's for them to know what is wrong, what is needed to fix it and what the recomendations are.

Hope it helps :)

guest2013-1

I was joking. I can see the stress is getting to you. ****ING swearing is not gonna make any ****ing difference to your ****ing problems. **** !! :D
makes me ****ing feel better I can tell you that...

I'm much better in terms of my anger problem I can tell you that....

Ou grote

Honorary Master
Are u doing any traveling and sight seeing while you're there?
Or just working?

guest2013-1

If you have the power, get things to work the way you want it to. Now if you had no Bank account there..... how have you been living these last few months ?

Anyway. Now that you have the papers, the account should be sorted and you will get everything up to speed again. Be frank and let the bosses know why you are not making money and tell them.... If they want to make money they must let you handle X-Z to get it done.

That is the reason people have meetings. It's not for the boss to crap on you, it's for them to know what is wrong, what is needed to fix it and what the recomendations are.

Hope it helps :)
Living here is quite cheap. I don't have to worry about rent or anything. And R2000 gets me most of what I need in a month.

So now can you see why I'm stressing my ass off?

guest2013-1

Are u doing any traveling and sight seeing while you're there?
Or just working?
Don't have the time or money.

Plus I don't have a car (yet) due to my papers etc so no conversion of drivers license etc.

Most of the tours I can go to is minimum 2 pax. And all of the people I'm working with already been on those like a billion times.

Now, I'm just working/sleeping/eating/sleeping/working

Pitbull

Verboten
Living here is quite cheap. I don't have to worry about rent or anything. And R2000 gets me most of what I need in a month.

So now can you see why I'm stressing my ass off?
Ok let me get this right.......

You haven't even received one pay cheque from them yet ?
If so.... you will be coining it once the account is sorted :) So stop stressing.

I could understand if you got the salary but spent it. Anyway, let the bosses know what the problem is, what needs to happen to have it fixed, the time needed to fix it, the resources reuired to have it done. Then build from there.

Remember they are not on your level and will not know what is happening unless you tell them straight up

Ou grote

Honorary Master
Don't have the time or money.

Plus I don't have a car (yet) due to my papers etc so no conversion of drivers license etc.

Most of the tours I can go to is minimum 2 pax. And all of the people I'm working with already been on those like a billion times.

Now, I'm just working/sleeping/eating/sleeping/working
I estimate (from the little I can see) that it'll take another 6 months of hardship to get properly on your feet, and a year before you're richish again.

So stick it out and try to make some friends at work, etc.
It'll be worth it.

guest2013-1

first paycheck went to SA
2nd paycheck went to the trip back to SA basically to suprise my family (the promise of my residence + bank account being sorted out in the first week of June was there) so my 3rd paycheck going straight into the account + the company being listed at the bank meant I could do the personal loan and wipe **** clean in SA so I don't have to worry about scrambling for money every month. NB I get paid on the last day of the month.

3rd one I got just now and because I can't open up a zero balance account because my company isn't listed and couldn't arrange for the account, I need a minimum balance of R15k...

So yea