So what's the cheapest option for heavy bandwidth users?

Artagra

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2003
Messages
206
Reaction score
0
Location
.
So at the moment we are running a 4mb line from Telkom and are using roughly 40 to 60 gb a month. I've looked around a bit, but I'm worried I may be missing something - what are the cheapest options in this price range? I'm loath to drop down to uncapped at 1mb, because we (obviously) work a lot online and speed influences productivity quite a bit, but it may make sense in the future. Any suggestions? Neoconnect Prime at 2.4mbps for R1k uncapped is very, very tempting, but we don't have coverage :( I'm also a bit worried about latencies?

Artagra
 
Yea, 40Gb will get you every single ISO there is with some room to spare for some serious anime and the sorts...
:D
 
We pay R1500 inc vat for 30gb, then pay R470 per 10 additional gb. Plus then we pay for the line (4mb ADSL + voice line, but the voice line is already needed so is basically "free").

I wish our bandwidth usage was random piracy - could then just stop that and not pay so much :D Unfortunately the nature of our work is 99% online (funny how that works when you run an online shop), plus things like podcasts / skype / WoW / backups from our server / etc all eat bandwidth :(

Thanks for the suggestions, 4x 1mb lines is to expensive (infact, 1x uncapped line + account is more expensive than what we pay now). I just want to make sure that we aren't wasting money doing this in a way that's not efficient. Is the whole splitting of local / international bandwidth using a machine and 2x PPPOE accounts worth it? How would I work out what percentage of my bandwidth is local and what is international?
 
If its a bussiness you could get uncapped on your 4mb line for R3k, pm me and I'll tell you how.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X