Speed cameras - When they're illegal

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Speed cameras - When they're illegal

South African motorists are regularly caught out by speed cameras on major roads, whether they are fixed, visible cameras, or the camouflaged, hidden speed traps being deployed around the country.

Many drivers may feel slighted by the lack of disclosure regarding speed cameras and the tactic of concealing traps behind larger objects or disguising them as other installations.

envo

Expert Member
another colonialist ideal imposed on post-apartheid FREE people. whites are just trying to make as much money as possible so they can take back control

gamer16

Executive Member
another colonialist ideal imposed on post-apartheid FREE people. whites are just trying to make as much money as possible so they can take back control
And? Whats wrong with that?

gamer16

Executive Member
Also whites have always been, are, and shall be in control forever.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Is there meant to be a sarcasm font in there? Or are you being serious?

Flarsiep

Do not speed, then you will have zero problems from all these type of cameras...
Like this one dude past weekend bitching about a cop sitting on the road from Gansbaai to pearly beach. oak moans that he saw the traffic douchebag too late so couldn't slow down enough. now a ticket is bound to come and make his holiday more expensive. Chap said he was 140 on the 80kph road.. asked him why he did not simply stay at the correct speed. looked at me as if i was a moron...

konfab

Honorary Master
I don't think normal speed cameras work as people eventually figure them out and then slow down for the camera and speed up again.

The best way to do it is average speed over distance. Unless if there is a stop along the way, you cannot get around them.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Dude is the government run by whites.....

WTF

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
I drive a short way on the N2 everyday that has a 80km/h limit.
Why?
Because it has a lot of bridges, sharp bends and cuts through a beach village with lots of locals and holiday goers crossing the road to get to the beach.

Do people care?
NO
Everyday pricks in their fancy cars speed past 100km plus. No care in the world. If they can't get past, they sit on your bumper. I stick to 80 no matter how much the tw@ts flash their lights.

I suggest more cameras and higher fines.
Feckers.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I have no problem moving over to the left lane on a multilane highway when some idiot speedster comes zooming up behind me, in fact I always drive in the left lane as much as possible and use the right lane to pass only as one should. I have a huge problem with idiots coming up behind me on a single lane road when I'm driving at the speed limit and expecting me to endanger my life by driving in the yellow emergency lane. I don't drive in the emergency lane, ever, and I don't expect anyone else to either.

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
Do not speed, then you will have zero problems from all these type of cameras...
Like this one dude past weekend bitching about a cop sitting on the road from Gansbaai to pearly beach. oak moans that he saw the traffic douchebag too late so couldn't slow down enough. now a ticket is bound to come and make his holiday more expensive. Chap said he was 140 on the 80kph road.. asked him why he did not simply stay at the correct speed. looked at me as if i was a moron...
I agree.. i keep to the limit. But then why do they change the fcking speed limit at woodmead from 120 to 90 (or something). That is just insane... (and I got a ticket one evening, because I was going home doing 120 (in 120 zone) and they all of sudden 100 or something)

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I don't think normal speed cameras work as people eventually figure them out and then slow down for the camera and speed up again.

The best way to do it is average speed over distance. Unless if there is a stop along the way, you cannot get around them.
I love Average Speed Over Distance stuff... its beyond most people to comprehend, so watching them slow to the speed limit for each camera and then race like a bat out of hell between them is funny.... Then watching the explosive rants on the local Faceboob group about all the fines they've received....