State capture inquiry begins

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
why would anyone be retarded enough to believe these "liberation" movements have even the slightest intention of holding themselves accountable, corruption is not some foreign invader, they ARE the corrupt

add to that the only things they truly liberated their people from seem to be:
- reliable, cheap electricity
- running water
- a strong national currency

Gordon_R

Executive Member

TysonRoux

Executive Member

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Given the law that was passed today, Zuma is now in a world of pain.

TysonRoux

Executive Member

The state capture commission of inquiry is preparing to subpoena former president Jacob Zuma to compel him to complete his testimony.

Zuma and the controversial Gupta family — his friends — are at the heart of allegations of state capture, which brought the state close to its knees during his term of office.

The commission of inquiry, chaired by deputy chief justice Raymond Zondo, said in a statement released on Friday afternoon that it would resume its hearings on Tuesday.

“On Tuesday January 14, the chair will hear an application that will be moved by the commission's legal team for an order authorising the acting secretary of the commission to issue a summons for the former president, Mr Jacob Zuma, to appear before the commission from January 27-31,” the commission said.

Zuma testified for the first time at the commission in July but did not complete his testimony.

He did not turn up for his second appearance in November, with his lawyers saying he was too ill to take the witness stand.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Really BS that the justice system sees the need for the State Capture inquiry to wrap up before starting legal proceedings against the head honcho of state capture and organised crime.

3WA

Executive Member
State capture inquiry chairperson Deputy Chief Justice Raymond Zondo has postponed an application for a summons to be issued on former president Jacob Zuma to appear before the commission between January 27 and 31.
On Tuesday, former President Jacob Zuma's counsel on Tuesday urged the commission to extend to its client the presumption of integrity, saying Zuma's medical doctor was willing to meet with Zondo to disclose more information on Zuma's health.

"On Tuesday, former President Jacob Zuma's counsel on Tuesday urged the commission to extend to its client the presumption of integrity"

I am triggered.

TysonRoux

Executive Member

"On Tuesday, former President Jacob Zuma's counsel on Tuesday urged the commission to extend to its client the presumption of integrity"

I am triggered.
Looks like a pair of balls is lacking.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master

I am triggered.
Read that article and decided not to post it here because it made me fume...

Sollie

Executive Member

I am triggered.
Suffering from that life threatening disease called life. Manifests in politicians and connected parties when accountability is due.