sub-300ms ping on WA's new network (shaped bandwidth)

Pitbull

Verboten
Yup, playing WoW on WA's new network (during the day) and I'm averaging 300ms. Best I had was 278ms, worst was 380ms. No lag spikes at all.

Since I logged on last night I was sitting on very low pings myself on MTN. I have no idea if something changed backend on WoW or if something else somewhere changed :eek:

guest2013-1

Since I logged on last night I was sitting on very low pings myself on MTN. I have no idea if something changed backend on WoW or if something else somewhere changed :eek:

I guess MTN is back to "its old self"

Are you running through unshaped.v with WA? Because if you take an unshaped account with them you can now choose between their network, SAIX and Verizon/MTN which is pretty awesome.

But having played on all those networks (shaped and unshaped) I can definitely say the *shaped* ping on WA's network to WoW is ****ing awesome. Just like you'd get on their trial.

Oh and an unrelated topic. RDP now a lot more faster, not like the sluggish feel you get when connecting to your servers overseas (if you have any, like I said, unrelated)

bradrap

I don't think those pings justify R70 a gb. I'd rather use my Afrihost and signup for R70 a month with Gamemax and achieve the same results, with less of a hole in the pocket ;D

mister

Executive Member
Oh and an unrelated topic. RDP now a lot more faster, not like the sluggish feel you get when connecting to your servers overseas (if you have any, like I said, unrelated)

hmm interesting... lag spikes when RDP'ing overseas annoys the heck out of me

J0n0

Expert Member
How about you just edit your post instead of posting on the minute pings?

Been getting stable 300 odd ms on vodacom since i started playing. Obviously the odd days id get poor speeds. But been consistent and no dc's in raids either.

AnomalyNexus

I don't think those pings justify R70 a gb. I'd rather use my Afrihost and signup for R70 a month with Gamemax and achieve the same results, with less of a hole in the pocket ;D
WA is announcing new prices in Feb. ;)

OT: Local ping is also very good. Sub 30ms to mybroadband. :cool:

Even better than it was during the trial. Impressed.

guest2013-1

How about you just edit your post instead of posting on the minute pings?

Been getting stable 300 odd ms on vodacom since i started playing. Obviously the odd days id get poor speeds. But been consistent and no dc's in raids either.

I was busy playing couldn't be bothered :p

I guess, but then this is shaped bandwidth without a service like gamemax. So i'm safe to not be banned "accidentally" for some other users fault

However, this does make me wonder what I'll get on their unshaped bandwidth. And what kind of pricing they'll be releasing early next year.

Jase

Executive Member
Currently 384ms on Afrihost which is:
a) Not bad for a shaped service
b) Fantastic for R29/gig

bradrap

WA new prices in Feb is like... over 9000 hours of WoW time. Can't afford to wait :p

But yeah, unshaped WA won't get you any better pings from what I've seen, I used to be on unshaped prepaid before moving to Afrihost some time ago.

Currently I'm 230ms on Afrihost + Gamemax (been using tunneling service for over a year now, never once got banned even with over 4 people sharing my account ;D)

Pitbull

Verboten
Not much today, my daughter is having her B-day party today ... 10 little girls tearing down the walls! :eek:

Now that beats playing WoW. You have 10 little gnomes running around in your garden. Time for some PvP?

Jase

Executive Member
I would, but I think those gnomes would pwn me so fast ... besides they are being backed by 3 tauren cows!

guest2013-1

WA new prices in Feb is like... over 9000 hours of WoW time. Can't afford to wait :p

But yeah, unshaped WA won't get you any better pings from what I've seen, I used to be on unshaped prepaid before moving to Afrihost some time ago.

Currently I'm 230ms on Afrihost + Gamemax (been using tunneling service for over a year now, never once got banned even with over 4 people sharing my account ;D)

Pre or post their new network? It sounds like you haven't experienced the unshaped on their new network.

Remember, before now they were just reselling SAIX bandwidth