Subscription Model for Car features

KungfuKenny

Just curious to know what you guys think of this. Basically BMW have come up with a way for car owners to 'subscribe' to certain features of their car (for example having heated seats for 3 months). I've recently read that Audi has jumped on the bandwagon with something similar.

Personally I hate the idea, as if cars weren't expensive enough, they've gone and added microtransactions.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
Just curious to know what you guys think of this. Basically BMW have come up with a way for car owners to 'subscribe' to certain features of their car (for example having heated seats for 3 months). I've recently read that Audi has jumped on the bandwagon with something similar.

Personally I hate the idea, as if cars weren't expensive enough, they've gone and added microtransactions.

Do they pay you for the power needed to warm the seats? Or is the fuel cost solely on you too?

Neuk_

Expert Member
I can't wait for someone to hack their own car so they can use heated seats :ROFL:

Qrox

Expert Member
For me that also feels like getting cheated. If all the features / materials / components are already in the car then they should be available.
If I remember correctly its already happening with Tesla, where people are unlocking the locked speed, etc for a fraction of the price that Tesla are, so you are always going to get some guy who will unlock these features for you.

Microtransactions is a ripoff in the digital world and even more so IRL.

KungfuKenny

For me that also feels like getting cheated. If all the features / materials / components are already in the car then they should be available.
If I remember correctly its already happening with Tesla, where people are unlocking the locked speed, etc for a fraction of the price that Tesla are, so you are always going to get some guy who will unlock these features for you.

Microtransactions is a ripoff in the digital world and even more so IRL.
I agree, worryingly I see microtransactions becoming so common nowadays, it feels as though people are getting acclimatized to it.

Crayons

I have no need for indicators. I would remove that option and save some money.