Suffer ******** suffer!

Paul_S

Expert Member
halicon said:
I think we should consider the poor sods in Zimbabawe who have no option but to live in Zimbabwe. It still amazes me that no one has decided to knock off their glorious leader yet.
I think a military coup is not that far off and Mugabe is certainly afraid of it by all the things he's being saying over the lat 6 months.
They were recently accusing the West (USA and Britian) of trying to instigate a military coup through the MDC. More smoke screens to try avert trouble.
A few months back they were printing money to pay their soldiers ...
Now they're grabbing mining companies and other forex generating businesses. That is a sign of desperation.

Once Mugabe (or a successor) has totally flattened the economy and they cannot pay their soldiers things will turn ugly really fast.
An armed and unpaid soldier is not a good thing to behold. It's a ticking time bomb.

I don't think Mugabe is mad, he's just an extreme racist with a tyranical twist. The fact that he's willing to drag down the entire country just to spite white land and business owners is proof enough of that. The sort of person with a "I'll take you to hell with me" type attitude.

nocilah

Banned
Paul_S said:
Once Mugabe (or a successor) has totally flattened the economy and they cannot pay their soldiers things will turn ugly really fast.
An armed and unpaid soldier is not a good thing to behold. It's a ticking time bomb.

I don't think Mugabe is mad, he's just an extreme racist with a tyranical twist. The fact that he's willing to drag down the entire country just to spite white land and business owners is proof enough of that. The sort of person with a "I'll take you to hell with me" type attitude.
one can only hope any successor realises the fatal mistake of Mugabe's racist policies.

nice post Paul_S... you cut straight to the point and spelt it out - thanks.

BTTB

halicon said:
one can only hope any successor realises the fatal mistake of Mugabe's racist policies.

nice post Paul_S... you cut straight to the point and spelt it out - thanks.
Sums it up nicely.

The moment the soldiers get no money there will be a revolt. That is for sure.

Who knows, maybe we might still see some of SA's aged Mechanised Infantry rolling into Zimbabwe to try and keep law and order while they hold elections or something, under the flag of the UN?
I doubt the AU will get anything done in a hurry.
I think they were Bankrupt before they got off the ground?

icyrus

Executive Member
The problem with a military coupe is that the person who wins is unlikely to hand over power to a democracy. Although the situation on our boarder could hardly get much worse.

nocilah

Banned
icyrus said:
The problem with a military coupe is that the person who wins is unlikely to hand over power to a democracy. Although the situation on our boarder could hardly get much worse.
generally the story of many african countries... lets hope this does not happen.