halicon said:I think we should consider the poor sods in Zimbabawe who have no option but to live in Zimbabwe. It still amazes me that no one has decided to knock off their glorious leader yet.
I think a military coup is not that far off and Mugabe is certainly afraid of it by all the things he's being saying over the lat 6 months.
They were recently accusing the West (USA and Britian) of trying to instigate a military coup through the MDC. More smoke screens to try avert trouble.
A few months back they were printing money to pay their soldiers ...
Now they're grabbing mining companies and other forex generating businesses. That is a sign of desperation.
Once Mugabe (or a successor) has totally flattened the economy and they cannot pay their soldiers things will turn ugly really fast.
An armed and unpaid soldier is not a good thing to behold. It's a ticking time bomb.
I don't think Mugabe is mad, he's just an extreme racist with a tyranical twist. The fact that he's willing to drag down the entire country just to spite white land and business owners is proof enough of that. The sort of person with a "I'll take you to hell with me" type attitude.