Sunday Times, article on comic con/cosplay.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
The woman that won the cosplay competition and is going to CCSD next year
So is she a geek or not? I am confused.

Isn't it the same as being a christian/vegan/serial killer? They don't look a certain way.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
She is possibly a geek. But I only say that because her t-shirt has some Japanese on it, which would mean it's an anime styled t-shirt. :laugh:
Granny could have given her that for her birthday.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
She is possibly a geek. But I only say that because her t-shirt has some Japanese on it, which would mean it's an anime styled t-shirt. :laugh:
That's random. I have a T-shirt that says: "Instant genius, just add beer" and I don't drink alcohol. You're doing exactly what the sunday times troll did and that's judge based on appearances.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
High quality work. I am not surprised she won, and not for her looks as some allude to.

Her work speaks for her.

Her work is amazing. But dress up someone three times her size in that identical get up and see if she wins.

Emjay

Honorary Master
That's random. I have a T-shirt that says: "Instant genius, just add beer" and I don't drink alcohol. You're doing exactly what the sunday times troll did and that's judge based on appearances.

Huh? It's based on her t-shirt, which has very clearly styled anime font on it. If you don't recognize it, then I doubt you watch any anime at all. Being a genius =/= being a geek, btw. So I wouldn't classify you as a geek based on your t-shirt. Also, t-shirt =/= physical appearance.

Her work is amazing. But dress up someone three times her size in that identical get up and see if she wins.

Oh yeah. Fully agree.

FaSMaN

Expert Member

Its not allways about winning, its about going out and having fun, and definitely not have people like Oliver Roberts rip into you, thats where the problem comes in.

Knyro

PhD in Everything
Huh? It's based on her t-shirt, which has very clearly styled anime font on it. If you don't recognize it, then I doubt you watch any anime at all.

Load of bull. That's not an "anime font". That's just the character お (backwards I might add since the image is reversed). You see bold characters like that all the time even on serious material.

She is clearly an anime fan though from the characters she dresses up as and calling herself "Kinpatsu", which means "blonde" in Japanese.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Not at all. I love being a geek. I'm weird and I embrace it. My point is that you can't just label people because of how they look
Obviously you can. That's the easiest way to do it.

Emjay

Honorary Master
Load of bull. That's not an "anime font". That's just the character お (backwards I might add since the image is reversed). You see bold characters like that all the time even on serious material.

She is clearly an anime fan though from the characters she dresses up as and calling herself "Kinpatsu", which means "blonde" in Japanese.

I called it that she was an anime fan before knowing who she was (based on her anime styled t-shirt), turns out I am 100% correct, and then you say I am talking BS? :unsure:

In printing, a font is a set of characters of the same style and size.

Please tell me how it's not a font again.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master

I wonder if she does it full time or as a side project?

Knyro

PhD in Everything
I called it that she was an anime fan before knowing who she was (based on her anime styled t-shirt), turns out I am 100% correct, and then you say I am talking BS? :unsure:

Please tell me how it's not a font again.

You have got to be kidding me.

1) That's not an anime shirt. It's got writing on it and a picture of sushi. How is that "anime styled"?

2) That's not an "anime font". It's just normal, like the font I'm typing with now.

Whether you're right or not is irrespective, you can't deduce that she's an anime fan just from her shirt alone.