Super Rugby 2019

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Japan repositioned their number eight at centre against the Hurricanes. The coaching said this is a plan to test the position going into the RWC. A move when many ethnic Brave Blossoms returned to the Super Rugby camp. They are again turning Japan upside down by pumping too many outsiders into the national team. I don't like Eddie Jones with his running mouth, but he did the most to promote ethnic Japanese rugby. Jamie Joseph only want results and is way too experimental at achieving those results. The JRFU should have sticked with their 2016 player base and coaching team and expanded on that. I'm not happy with the direction Japan is heading in.

Foreigners, to maybe win one game against Scotland or Ireland to brag about tier 2 climbing up the ranks, no.

It is already known that Jamie don't want to test the Japanese youth, and have already been criticised, but he promoted publicly the other day to give the youth more chance at the game. He is worse than a politician.

Sad that the pundits support this. On the one hand they say there need to be more Japanese in the squad, but on the other hand they hint at Japanese not being able to play the game at this level. I am hearing that many Top League clubs are being 'westernised' and also not giving opportunity where it is due.

I am glad the Sunwolves are out, it is a mess. World Rugby and co. don't know how what to do with Japan other than with their money.

Kr1mZoN

I took a punt on the Lions with both Kwagga and Whitely being back along with McKenzie being injured. The ref tried hard to help the Chiefs in the second half though.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
As much as I dislike the foreign injection into the Sunwolves, where was this mindset? They are probably playing their game today to date, though both sides lack their best selection.

Also read yesterday that Japan world cup training squad and extended squad will only be systematically, by player, made available from next week for the Sunwolves. I see Amanaki Mafi also grouped up with the two squads for their match against the Hurricanes B tomorrow. Lappies is captain tomorrow.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Good lord, the reds don't even really have to try very hard...the sharks seem to want to hand them the game on a silver platter :oops: