Super Rugby 2019

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Japan’s national training squad has beaten the Hurricanes B 66-21 today. Next week this team will play against the Western Force, to promote Rapid Rugby, and then the squad should be systematically made available to the Sunwolves.

Will be happy to see the Japanese players return to the Super Rugby game.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Also 3/6 but Brumbies by 2 helped me not plummet after the Sharks fiasco. Lots of noise for that but silence after a breeze dies :whistling:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Also 3/6 but Brumbies by 2 helped me not plummet after the Sharks fiasco. Lots of noise for that but silence after a breeze dies :whistling:
Nobody is worrying about the Stormers bottoming out on the log, and next year without much quality there will be many questions with no answers. Our domestic rugby is more or less dead thanks to bureaucracy and money being allocated to the upper tiers.

My best guess is that there will be a 'transformational' shake-up at the Stormers.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
So what is happening with the Lions? Player revolt?

Whiteley returns.

Swys benches Marx and Jantjies midweek.

At the last minute Marx and Jantjies are returned to the lineup and Swys is on a plane back home.

Coincidence that Whiteley returns, Swys goes home and suddenly the Lions remember how to play rugby?

Speedster

Executive Member
So what is happening with the Lions? Player revolt?

Whiteley returns.

Swys benches Marx and Jantjies midweek.

At the last minute Marx and Jantjies are returned to the lineup and Swys is on a plane back home.

Coincidence that Whiteley returns, Swys goes home and suddenly the Lions remember how to play rugby?
The official line is that Swys returned for medical reasons and that they then decided that, in the absence of the coach, they wanted their senior players on the park. Sounds plausible to me but in the absence of a definitive statement conspiracies will abound

greg0205

Honorary Master
Stress.

Straeuli says Swys coming home was stress related... Struggling with the pressure of the big job and will be getting professional help.

I feel for him, but Super Rugby is no place for a coach who can’t handle pressure.

I miss Johannes Nicolaas.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Stress.

Straeuli says Swys coming home was stress related... Struggling with the pressure of the big job and will be getting professional help.

I feel for him, but Super Rugby is no place for a coach who can’t handle pressure.

I miss Johannes Nicolaas.
Thanks for the clarity. Pretty much backs up what @Speedster said.

The sentiment among most fans is that Swys is a solid assistant, just not fit to be the main guy.