Surprisingly low FPS?

When you say you restored windows from a backup how did you do this? Was it through directory services restore mode (or what ever the XP equivalent is)? It might be worth checking that the "advanced" tab under "performance options" has "Processor Scheduling" and "Memory Usage" set to "Programs", also that your paging file hasn't been messed with. If you have two drives try moving it to a separate drive so that you start with a fresh page file.

I remember we used to mess about with setting page files to a small size at LANS to freak people out, think there is a command line switch you can put in autoexec.nt or some similar file to force it some ridiculously small size so it is well hidden. Best way to check is on the performance tab of system properties.
 
Last edited:
Restored with Acronis True Image Home 10. Everything is set up exactly as it previously was when everything was working perfectly.
 
have you changed your video card driver between now and then? do you still have your older video card driver? Have you checked whether your AA, Mipmap or Anisotropic Filtering has been adjusted to auto on in your Nvidia control centre?
 
Used 162.18 then and now. Tried it with 94.24 and 93.71 without any difference. Everything is exactly as it was before, didn't change any details or settings anywhere.
 
uhmmm, it will smash it to pieces yes. No, actually it is just one step up, and it is DX10.

But dude, what is there left to do? fresh install. yeah, you heard me. All those updates, programs, everything.
 
did you? i thought you said you did a restore. not the same thing.
 
I've even formatted my Windows partition

There you go, right in the first post :D

I formatted Windows and just installed my drivers. When it didn't work I formatted again and installed all my drivers and my programs. When that didn't work I restored my Windows. And I know it's not the same thing ;)
 
sorry dude. see if you can send the card back under warranty?
 
No problem. But why would my graphics card stop working in the space of 5 minutes? My PC worked at home, I unplugged my PC, plugged it in at the LAN and it didn't work properly? :confused:
 
Dude, who knows how those things actually works? You know, the way I understand it, CPU's all come off the same assembly line. They then see how high they can clock it before it starts to give errors. And that determines whether it is sold as a 1.8Ghz, 2.0Ghz or 2.2Ghz chip for example.:confused::eek::confused:
 
How sure are you that it's my graphics card? I don't want to go through all the trouble and then still have the same problem... :confused:
 
put your graphics in a friend's PC with similar spec and see if the same thing happens. if you are not noticing slow performance in windows, it is probably not the CPU or RAM.

Maybe his Video RAM is buggered?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X