Suspend DSTV Subscription

Stillie

Expert Member
Hi,

How do you suspend your DSTV Subscription on self-service portal? Is there a Max length of time that you can suspend your subscription?

Thank you

Last edited:

vinodh

Expert Member
If you login to your DSTV account, there'll be a big switch to enable or disable services. I used it to switch off and on my DSTV subscription until they messed me around with incorrect billing. I eventually just cancelled it.

Milano

Honorary Master
AFAIK, they changed the terms again. You used to be allowed to suspend and resume whenever you wanted. Changing bouquets was limited to once a month downgrade. Now, I believe they will only suspend & resume if it's in accordance with billing cycles. Something like that ..At any rate, it was a way to screw the consumer. Double check by asking on their fascist forum.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
You phone them.

Unlike Telkom, they answer their phonecalls. Just don't do it on a Friday night after payday, when everybody's upgrading their packages for the weekend :D

Ranidee

I travel a lot sometimes a whole month...so im paying for nothingcan i just skip the months im not around

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Easier way: Download the DSTV Now App, goto More, Settings, scroll down to Live Chat and then you can text chat to an agent to cancel by giving your details.

jymarc44

If you cancel online make sure that they give you a cancellation reference number. They catch people this way.