SwiftKey keyboard

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Inbox was always experimental and could be killed at any time. The only thing I'm missing is bundles and that's still coming to Gmail based on app teardowns so just waiting it out. Google+ never got any traction unfortunately. Can only blame Google they were too late with social but it gave us Google Photos and Youtube live stream etc. anyway so not all was lost.

Works within open mails for me:

View attachment 844621
Mobile

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Yeah, but apple requires a 2 week waiting period in order for you to give notice about requesting permission to get approval to fart so...
Yeah I figured it likely related to a delay on Apple's part.

Just installed it again to try and typing just this paragraph is painful compared to the default Apple keyboard.

I'm still convinced that my left handedness breaks all these third party keyboards for me.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Yeah I figured it likely related to a delay on Apple's part.

Just installed it again to try and typing just this paragraph is painful compared to the default Apple keyboard.

I'm still convinced that my left handedness breaks all these third party keyboards for me.
I will agree there, as much as I hate the iPhone, the one and only thing IMO apple did well was that keyboard.

On android there is nothing even remotely close to SwiftKey, only thing I'd like on the apple one is a number row and easier access to special characters, such a mission to to type in passwords and **** when I use test phone work gave me.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I will agree there, as much as I hate the iPhone, the one and only thing IMO apple did well was that keyboard.

On android there is nothing even remotely close to SwiftKey, only thing I'd like on the apple one is a number row and easier access to special characters, such a mission to to type in passwords and **** when I use test phone work gave me.
How would you make it easier? It's one Button away or a hold on a given button and off you go? SwiftKey is seemingly the exact same.

Also why are you entering passwords manually and not through a manager?

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
How would you make it easier? It's one Button away or a hold on a given button and off you go? SwiftKey is seemingly the exact same.

Also why are you entering passwords manually and not through a manager?
Yes but when you have to swap repeatedly between letters and numbers, there is, or was not a long press on an apple keyboard the last time I used it.

As for manager, as mentioned, work testing phone, I put nothing personal on it, least of all my password manager.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Yes but when you have to swap repeatedly between letters and numbers, there is, or was not a long press on an apple keyboard the last time I used it.

As for manager, as mentioned, work testing phone, I put nothing personal on it, least of all my password manager.
Didn’t mean your password manager as such.

A password manager rather and one dedicated to testing if security is such a concern to have ninja passwords in place.