Systems Administrator - Linux (Cape Town)

Key Responsibilities:
  • Ongoing maintenance and administration of existing infrastructure systems
  • Design, engineering, development and deployment of network infrastructure and systems both locally and on our Private Cloud
  • Provide support and troubleshooting when required
  • Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation
  • Monitoring and rapid response
  • Proactive R&D in line with company goals for systems development

Requirements:
  • Ideally 2+ years working with Linux-based systems (preferably Debian or Ubuntu)
  • Ability to use, create and/or understand shell scripts and the *nix commandline interface
  • Fluent in English - clear and professional communication skills, both oral and written. Afrikaans skills a plus
  • A thirst for knowledge with an ability to do learn quickly and supplement knowledge by doing self study
  • Ability to articulate and present concepts clearly
  • Enthusiastic and passionate about technology, systems administration, infrastructure management and SysOps
  • Team player and professional demeanour

Preferences:
  • Fundamental understanding of Linux based virtualization systems and platforms (preferably KVM)
  • Working knowledge of any of: MySQL, Tomcat, Jboss/Wildfly, Java (scripts and EE)
  • Experience with network connectivity systems such as Firewalls, load-balancing systems, Proxy systems and Intrusion detection/prevention systems
  • Familiarity with capacity planning and benchmarking processes
  • Working experience with Windows environments and systems (eg. AD)

About Us:
We are a software development company based in Cape Town, but we have clients all over the world. We provide software as a service as part of our own managed cloud solution based on Ubuntu/Debian and KVM. Please send us your CV to jobs@workpool.co.za so we can get in contact with you. Please also indicate your current salary. No recruitment consultants please. Company website: www.workpool.co.

envo

Expert Member
give me a good reason as to why i must state my current salary ?
its so they can low-ball you of what they actually gonna pay and think you'll accept it because its better than your current salary