RedViking

Nord of the South
1612786612284.png

When working on projects or various things at once, I end up with a 100 open tabs in my browser, and folders in explorer etc.

Do you use any tools to group and manage related tabs and folders on windows?

Windows Task View Desktops I guess is one solution. But maybe there are more customizable tools out there?

WAslayer

Executive Member
There are extensions that can have your tabs be organized in a hierarchy, to help group them somewhat.. however, it does this in a left pane style menu, which takes up some real estate on your screen, which I never liked..

Since then, I have made a point thereof to immediately close a tab I know I am done with and I never mix work items tabs in the same browser window..

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Install the zillion Gmail and outlook tabs you have as an app/shortcut and let them open in their own window.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
For browser stuff, Tab Groups in Chrome ftw... has made my life infinitely easier to manage all the things I'm messing around with.

Budza

Executive Member
2xChrome windows for work - different tasks grouped into either of those windows. Halves the number of tabs to surf.
Bookmarks saved into folders so I can 'launch all' or launch groups of tabs on startup.

Brave for browsing - can close (and resume) session to free resources for work if needed.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I use 3 different browsers, Brave, Edge and chrome. Most of the time I only have 2 on at the same time

Zen17h

This may sound crazy, but what about closing tabs if you really don't need them anymore.
Do you really need multiple email tabs open, or Google searches for pages you've already found?

If you accidentally closed something you want back, you can always just Ctrl+H and re-open it

|tera|

Master of Messengers
This may sound crazy, but what about closing tabs if you really don't need them anymore.
Do you really need multiple email tabs open, or Google searches for pages you've already found?

If you accidentally closed something you want back, you can always just Ctrl+H and re-open it
With SessionBuddy you can start a new Window. Open as many tabs for one project you need and save it as a session.
Multiple windows with their own sessions can be launched and saved.
If you need a session, just load it.
I agree it's best to close what you don't need, but when working on an entire project it's not always that straightforward.