Takealot has a problem with 3rd party sellers.

Park@82

Honorary Master
I have noticed that some 3rd party sellers are selling different products under the same listing on Takealot.

This could partly explain mixed reviews on the same listing.

Here is how I think 3rd party sellers are abusing the system that is in place:

A seller can look for a listing with good reviews and list a cheaper and inferior quality product under the same listing. They then make sure their product is lower priced and/or in stock.

IMO Takealot should put a system in place to ban sellers that does this (maybe 3 strikes and your out). Perhaps they have a system like this already?

I usually return the item when this happens but some times its not worth the effort and I really needed the item urgently.

Here are some examples:
https://www.takealot.com/charger-fo...robook-450-g3-g4-g5-pavilion-15a/PLID58071848

The reason for this post is to raise awareness of this issue.

Reactions: 3WA
Some times when you try to alert other users to the fact that a seller provided the wrong item by leaving a review, takealot rejects the review because it doesn't relate to the "product experience".

Last edited:
Some times when you try to alert other users to the fact that a seller provided the wrong item by leaving a review, takealot rejects the review because it doesn't relate to the "product experience".
ill second that .

Yeah. I tried alerting them, but they deleted my reviews. Didn’t matter how I worded it.

I think it depends on the person that moderates the review. I have had some go through.
They did accept my return no problem.

I tried on different days as well to point out that these are fake products.
They still have the fake products there with no reviews.

The "r" is missing from Slazenger in the seller's description, but the blue link Takealot use for Slazenger products in general has the 'r'.

1667209318982.png

takealot has turned into a very expensive Bid or Buy ,with all the same cheapsh4t made in china junk .same sellers same poor quality items .

Last edited:
Many of us have complained about this already.

At the end of the day.

Takealot's attitude is, if you don't want to buy it then you don't have to. This was actually their reply to me.

Shop around and know your prices. If you end up paying R500 more than the average retail price for the same product then you only have yourself to blame :laugh:

A couple of users here have received the incorrect items buying via third party sellers. There have been images posted of Takealot's barcodes being pasted over incorrect products so clearly some goods receiving errors going on.

IMO Takealot should put a system in place to ban sellers that does this (maybe 3 strikes and your out). Perhaps they have a system like this already?

One of their dodgiest resellers seems to have changed their name recently as too many people were finally blacklisting them. Yes looking at you ACA Liquors :p

Back