Takealot Vouchers (Begging) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Yep me too.

For Takealot's sake, I hope they don't make a loss on any of the products sold. If this is the case, it will explain why they are not releasing that many vouchers.
Of course they are. The voucher was initially intended for Beats headphones. I can see a 30% markup on that. There definitely isn't a 30% markup on a PS4.

Fatality07

so stoked mine worked this morning and is with the Courier.

GTX 770 here i come :p

If i had known it would work, i would of bought more haha

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Of course they are. The voucher was initially intended for Beats headphones. I can see a 30% markup on that. There definitely isn't a 30% markup on a PS4.
I had a 128gb flash drive in my cart last night but couldn't pull the trigger.

Flame away, but wrong is wrong.

i.got~issues

Expert Member
Indeed... intended for Beats headphones and then abused... just because you can does not mean you should.
Always the me-me-me minority that stuffs things up for the rest, and then these few manage to rationalise their behaviour and do their little victory dances of their "I win-win-win you lose" chest thumping... then whine about the lack of valid vouchers and promotions in the future.

/meh

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
Yeah some people took massive liberties here which I do not think is right.

saor

Honorary Master
For Takealot's sake, I hope they don't make a loss on any of the products sold. If this is the case, it will explain why they are not releasing that many vouchers.
They've made a lot of people happy and some good things are being said about them. That's probably got more long-term value than the small loss they might have suffered from the vouchers being used.

Edit: Ah - I didn't see the headphone voucher abuse thing.

Last edited:

Fatality07

I've used Takealot for around 2 years and there service is really impressive.

I only buy from them these days.

Vouchers entice me to buy the things I 'want' but i can do without them haha.

So all in all, the vouchers help convince people to buy a lot more than we would normally do, sounds like a successful marketing campaign to me.

Randhir

Honorary Master

I only buy from them these days.

Vouchers entice me to buy the things I 'want' but i can do without them haha.

So all in all, the vouchers help convince people to buy a lot more than we would normally do, sounds like a successful marketing campaign to me.
But at prices below their profit margin in some cases I'm guessing.

saor

Honorary Master
Until the next round of vouchers I'll add to the praise :): Ordered an item this past Saturday, got called by the delivery ppl on Sunday, and had my item Monday morning at 09:30. It's nice consistently getting that kind of quick service from them. By far my favorite local online retailer.

Rudimental

Expert Member
Well, you said you were waiting for R299 refund. That means that you either stacked vouchers or used the voucher along with a special. Otherwise, you wouldn't have been able to get it that low.

You could have used Ebucks, but I don't recall you saying anything about that, so I guess we can rule that out.

Electric

Honorary Master
Well, you said you were waiting for R299 refund. That means that you either stacked vouchers or used the voucher along with a special. Otherwise, you wouldn't have been able to get it that low.

You could have used Ebucks, but I don't recall you saying anything about that, so I guess we can rule that out.
I used the voucher. Kalahari had an additional special that was not labelled as such on the website.
When I applied the voucher it gave me R150 off which was R75 for the voucher & R75 for the Kalahari special.

howardb

Expert Member
I actually used the voucher last night for some decent headphones - wife needed a new set...

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
Listening to my Logitech Z623's now.

Nice sound, although I think I'm happier with them due to the R700 discount :D

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
I could have gotten my SSD for cheaper had I known about this. Bah humbug to Mybroadband's mailing function not working for me.

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
I think we should let somebody at Takealot know about this thread, perhaps they might be kind enough to reward us with some vouchers ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.