Telfree Basic Free VOIP Account – Whats changed?

Molokai

Hey Guys

I have been using my 087 Telfree account for a few years now. It works pretty well, and have not had and problems to date.

I am using the basic free service, which means I don’t make calls. I only use it for receiving calls.

http://www.telfree.com/packages-rates/

The service stopped working about 2 weeks ago. My Linksys VOIP adaptor is unable to register. I have also tried using the soft phone, and thats unable to register too. I have another VOIP line also on my linksys which works fine. So it seems something has gone wrong with my telfree account.

I emailed telfree support, and they have told me it should be working. But reminded me that their is no credit in my account! This is the free service so am wondering why they even asked that. I have sent numerous emails but they have stopped responding and I am having no luck.

I have tried registering for another account, same link as per above. But now I see that when registering, the free option is no longer available. But the website talks about it.

Does anybody know if Telfree has pulled the plug on the free service?

Thanks for the help

mo_to

Hey Guys

I have been using my 087 Telfree account for a few years now. It works pretty well, and have not had and problems to date.

I am using the basic free service, which means I don’t make calls. I only use it for receiving calls.

http://www.telfree.com/packages-rates/

The service stopped working about 2 weeks ago. My Linksys VOIP adaptor is unable to register. I have also tried using the soft phone, and thats unable to register too. I have another VOIP line also on my linksys which works fine. So it seems something has gone wrong with my telfree account.

I emailed telfree support, and they have told me it should be working. But reminded me that their is no credit in my account! This is the free service so am wondering why they even asked that. I have sent numerous emails but they have stopped responding and I am having no luck.

I have tried registering for another account, same link as per above. But now I see that when registering, the free option is no longer available. But the website talks about it.

Does anybody know if Telfree has pulled the plug on the free service?

Thanks for the help
Why dont you Call TellFree and ask them that? Rather get the answer direct from source.

If you are using the SIP account effectively, it's only right that you pay for the service. SIP Accounts are not too expensive. www.cheapcall.co.za has SIP account for R210 annually and you can do much more with it.

Molokai

Thanks found out the problem. Its because I am based in New Zealand, and they had blocked all registrations from outside SA.

Telfree responded and added me to a white list so I can continue to use my South African 087 in New Zealand.

Having a look at this cheapcall information. Do you know if its possible to register a new Cape Town 021 number?

mo_to

Thanks found out the problem. Its because I am based in New Zealand, and they had blocked all registrations from outside SA.

Telfree responded and added me to a white list so I can continue to use my South African 087 in New Zealand.

Having a look at this cheapcall information. Do you know if its possible to register a new Cape Town 021 number?
Yes you can, however Geographic DiD costs R20pm.

So for a SIP Account with an 087 DiD, it costs R210 annually. maybe you would want the Voicemail option.
Then you pay R240 annually if you want an 021 number.

Honestly, this is pocket change. Sign up for the 30 day trial and see how much more advanced this SIP account it.

Also, most VoIp Providers now block international IPs, so yo might need to contact CheapCall to whitelist your IP too.