Telkom D-Link internet light red after loadshedding

moemoosa99

Hi there.

I need assistance with my dsl internet connection from Telkom. One night when the router came back on after loadshedding, the internet light was red. I rebooted the router multiple times but the problem still remained. I called Telkom and they gave me a new PPPOE password to enter, but this still didnt work. I have received multiple new password so far, but the problem still remains.
I think it's worth mentioning that when I first went on to enter the new password, the username was showing an unknown email address and not my own, which I think is very strange. When I try guest@openserve username and 'guest' password the internet light turns blue. I've been dealing with telkom assistants over the phone for a week now and they can't seem to solve the problem. Any ideas on what else I can do?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I've tried that many times, but it still does not solve the problem.
There's a reset button, press that until the router reboots, wait for it to sync, if the internet light is still red then you haves fault on the Telkom side, report a fault, make sure you can get past the call Centre people so that they dispatch a tech.

If the internet light is green or whatever colour it's supposed to be when it's working then proceed to put your Username and password, if after putting you username the light turns red then your password is wrong, reset it and try again, when I still used ADSL I was able to reset my own password.

Purply

Expert Member
Sold red light = incorrect username/password
Blinking red = fault at DSLAM or line

Daisy Cloudskitter

Expert Member
Ask 10210 to do a ‘port reset’ on their side if not tried already - they help you with the relevant router steps on your side while they reset the port on the call.

If still no joy, log a formal fault - important to get a fault log ref. Then message Telkom media support with your refs, dates & details of what’s happened so far.
They help speed things up to get the issue sorted (or used to when we were on dsl)

The ‘strange’ Telkom username email address you mentioned could be because Telkom generated your original ‘primary’ mail address ( something like ‘onlinexxxxx@telkomsa.net)?
The personal address you chose (’ your name’ @telkomsa.net) is linked in the background as an ‘ alias’.