• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Telkom Internet Capped/Uncapped User Feedback (Pt2)

ranger

Expert Member
I did that with the last SIM, it shows in the screenshot I posted, but I cannot browse. The guy from the shop suggested I try it, even printed out the instructions. I fee for the guy. He's put in a lot of effort and logged numerous tickets on my behalf.
If you go back, tell him he should look up your acccount on TIMT (if TIMT hasn't been phased out in favour of the agent-facing features in customerportal), which must show the SIMs. If he doesn't know what TIMT is, I'll send you a PM of what he can try next to get in touch wiyh someone who can help or point him to guides).

adielk

Expert Member
From telkom eservices

B3100 xxxx - RTBR - B3100 xxx

0123 xxx - RTVC - 0123 xxxx
TIN314 xxxx - TISP - TIN314 xxxx
CT00 xxxx - TERM - CT00 xxxx
065 xxxx - FMOB - 065 xxxx

Assume RTBR refers to modem or router
TISP refers to telkom being ISP
TERM refers to contract?
FMOB - refers to simcard but as stands for IDS or what?

Last edited:

bradza

Anyone else having pathetic connection speeds on 10meg lines in Durban area? Been like this for nearly a week and a half now. Streaming is virtually impossible. Used to be awesome, now it starts about 7pm and is just... not usable anymore.

Hi. I’m in Cape Town. Telkom called me about their new fibre option. R599 for 4 Mbps line plus deee line rental and telkom calls. Sounds like a good deal. Dip is 360 gb whixh is more than enough. My question is if the line speed is good enough because we currently on Adsl 4 Mbps. How does it compare. And I don’t want to sign a contract because data prices are falling so I must buy my own modem. Which one do you suggest and where do I buy it online takealot or loot ? Thanks

adielk

Expert Member
Hi. I’m in Cape Town. Telkom called me about their new fibre option. R599 for 4 Mbps line plus deee line rental and telkom calls. Sounds like a good deal. Dip is 360 gb whixh is more than enough. My question is if the line speed is good enough because we currently on Adsl 4 Mbps. How does it compare. And I don’t want to sign a contract because data prices are falling so I must buy my own modem. Which one do you suggest and where do I buy it online takealot or loot ? Thanks
Fibre is more stable and you thus get speed closer to your 4mbps. Modem router is sold at Telkom store. Sure you might even add it to bill.

ponder

Honorary Master
Your latency and download speed will be slightly better, your upload speed will quadruple to ~1.9Mbs.
Nightsurfer (00:00-07:00) does not count towards the fup so you can do another 360gb in that time over a month.
You also get free calls to telkom land&mobile numbers and you get 1GB of free mobile data.
With fibre you also don't have issues associated with copper cabling.

Whatever router you deside on ensure it has a ethernet wan port (ewan)

bigboy529

Expert Member
What's the process to cancel a Telkom ADSL and analog line, must you give 30 days notice, can you cancel any time or must it be at the end of a month?

Ryan Innes

Might be a doff question, my ip address keeps on changing, happens at least once a day.

Not sure if it's a line issue or a router issue?

isie

Executive Member
Might be a doff question, my ip address keeps on changing, happens at least once a day.

Not sure if it's a line issue or a router issue?
should only change if you turn your router off for more then an hour or so, other then that should only change once or twice a month, unless you are referring to your devices ip address then check your router settings

Ryan Innes

should only change if you turn your router off for more then an hour or so, other then that should only change once or twice a month, unless you are referring to your devices ip address then check your router settings
Nope router isn't been turned off, it's flipping annoying. Have to update smartdnsproxy ip address every couple of hours.

Centurion area on 100Mb fibre and I'm getting 1.13Mb/s, if I use Afrihost I get about 95Mb/s

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Testing from Telkom Internet (105.229.190.22)...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by Project Isizwe (Pretoria) [2.54 km]: 114.016 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 1.13 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed....................................................................................................
Upload: 2.54 Mbit/s

Last edited: