Telkom ISP users report Google problems (16 January 2012)

Have you been experiencing problems using Google services on a Telkom ADSL account?

• Yes

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

MickeyD

RIP
TI Uncapped account... G+ no problems, Google searches lightning quick...

MickZA

Executive Member
Telkom 16Gb capped - no problems with google but I had major speed hassles with MyBB this morning for a while.

JoanL

Have also had problems since Friday, not just google, but any dot come or dot net website.
Spent two hours on the phone to Telkom this morning, only to be told by one "technician" that I have used more than 2G ( I pay for 8 !) , he referred me to another person who told me that it is the antivirus is to blame!
:confused::confused:

deweyzeph

Executive Member
The article is misleading...the problem is with Telkom ISP ADSL accounts, not Telkom ADSL circuits. Google works fine with other ISP's ADSL accounts. Just saying.

MrG

Executive Member
I have also been experiencing these issues... switched the account to PPPoE authenticate on my machine instead of relying on the router and that solved the problems.

MickeyD

RIP
The article is misleading...the problem is with Telkom ISP ADSL accounts, not Telkom ADSL circuits. Google works fine with other ISP's ADSL accounts. Just saying.
It has worked fine for me the whole weekend and I'm on a Telkom Uncapped account...

Seems to be very localised.

jes

MyBroadband Alumnus
Good point; I've updated the headline accordingly.

dabbler

Expert Member
Only problem I had was trying to send an email with a recipient's email address ******(at)telkomsa.net. Maybe it was our email server?

sameer78

Been having problems since Friday. Google Gmail and Facebook. Everything else seems fine. Using telkom internet. Reported problem to telkom last week and they claim nothing wrong... Reset port but still same problem...

MickeyD

RIP
Been having problems since Friday. Google Gmail and Facebook. Everything else seems fine. Using telkom internet. Reported problem to telkom last week and they claim nothing wrong... Reset port but still same problem...
Have you checked your firewall and AV settings?

narf23

One of my very frustrated customer is having a problem - not able to open google to search and Gmail to view emails but other sites seems to be working fine. He is pleased that there seems to be a problem and not on his side, because he is lucky I saw this (he had his system recovery CD ready to re-install Windows and stopped him just in time..:p)

lexis

"Telkom was contacted for feedback, but the company did not respond .... "
"Telkom’s helpdesk ..... instead referring all queries to SAIX"

Bad PR.

Are we ever going to find out why or is Telkom going to continue acting like an ostrich?

fragtion

Expert Member
Definitely had problems yesterday morning accessing youtube, google, facebook (about 8am)... everything just came to a halt practically, nothing loading.. seems fine now

badseed

Major problems my side since Friday. Any sites using Google services (Analytics, API's, etc) are taking forever to load. Cant access Google AdWords etc either. YouTube response times - up to 5 minutes to complete a search. Google.co.za search page takes 15 seconds to load. On 4MB DSL with Telkom ISP account. 2knm from the Exchange at Monte / Sandton area.

badseed

I have also been experiencing these issues... switched the account to PPPoE authenticate on my machine instead of relying on the router and that solved the problems.
Thanks! This worked for me too.