• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

Sumen

Expert Member
[MENTION=7981]Dolby[/MENTION]... If your in a giving mood... Oreo 8.0 here please :D
Be patient - it will update itself, when all are happy that it works as it should. :)
Hook us up with install files there :p
Dolby is privileged - a Beta tester or some such, so he gets to play with some toys before the rest of us do ...
If you visit the OEM's website you will see that the Oreo firmware is available for the box but obviously it's up to Telkom to modify and release it.

Tinuva

The Magician
Only 1 of those is labeled Oreo 8, and it is not for our box model number, the others appear to be stock images for these boxes.

Any brave test bunny out there who is prepared to sacrifice a LIT box to satisfy the curious, and tell us what does not work, what works and what is new or changed?
Hmm. I wonder if that is why the price was changed for the box to a more expensive price.

ISeMPeRI

Only 1 of those is labeled Oreo 8, and it is not for our box model number, the others appear to be stock images for these boxes.

Any brave test bunny out there who is prepared to sacrifice a LIT box to satisfy the curious, and tell us what does not work, what works and what is new or changed?
Yes me :)

Volksieboi

Ill have go

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
Who can help me of the Telkom tv lit box. I have a 20 meg fibre line. Struggle to play you tube.
Not that it is going to help you, but the last YouTube update kinda broke YouTube play back on the LIT TV box, uninstalling and installing the original version works, but is not as nice.

vorman

Not that it is going to help you, but the last YouTube update kinda broke YouTube play back on the LIT TV box, uninstalling and installing the original version works, but is not as nice.
Yes I also noticed the YouTube problem. I'm sure it was mentioned here but where do you download the original YouTube app from? Do I need to sideload? Or download again from the Playstore? Many thanks

Pho3nix

The Legend
Yes I also noticed the YouTube problem. I'm sure it was mentioned here but where do you download the original YouTube app from? Do I need to sideload? Or download again from the Playstore? Many thanks
Just go to the app in settings and say remove updates or something