Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

Tinuva

The Magician
Hi, I am looking at getting a Android TV box.. Between the Telkom LIT and this,
https://androidtvboxes.co.za/ - The one for R1699.00

We'll be using Netflix, DSTV now and maybe Showmax.

Which is better?
That box has more storage, but only Android 6.0.
Lit Box has Android 7.1.2 and is certified so will play more DRM streams.

Between the two, I would still choose Lit Box. If I had more money to splash, Nvidia Shield.

Pho3nix

The Legend
Is there something I have to do before I can get 4K (YouTube & Plex) playback on the device?
Could you possibly post the video details here somewhere?
Codec, Bitrates etc. Will try a file when I get home but I'm sure I've watched one without issue.
From Plex site :
Plex.PNG

Last edited:

Sinbad

Honorary Master
jirre *** man. Does anyone have any contacts at telkom who I can approach about this Bluetooth problem?

I have reference numbers but absolutely nothing happens.

PDF_27

FINALY !!!! Found a modded Netflix tv app on xdev

Here is the app. Just uninstall all versions of Netflix (the tv version). Installed it on my LIT and it’s working 100%

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtleyxmdmrbqfo0/Netflix_3.2.2-Android_TV_Mod.apk?dl=0

Maybe put it on the first page for those looking for the Netflix tv app
Awesome. I uploaded the apk to virustotal to check if it's completely clean and it comes back with 3 out of 62 anti virus engines picking up something on the apk. I installed it none the less, and it works. Did the resolution test using test patterns and it's full HD 1920x1080. Thanks again for this. Finally an Android TV version.

Last edited:

Gothan

Expert Member
Awesome. I've also been searching but no luck. I uploaded the apk to virustotal to check if it's completely clean and it comes back with 3 out of 62 anti virus engines picking up something on the apk. I installed it none the less, and it works. Did the resolution test using test patterns and it's full HD 1920x1080. Thanks again for this. Finally an Android TV version.
Cool beans. Glad it’s HD, don’t really use HD ON my side, my kids will ruin my data bundle if I allowed Netflix in HD. Let hope the viruses are false positives

Tinuva

The Magician
Awesome. I've also been searching but no luck. I uploaded the apk to virustotal to check if it's completely clean and it comes back with 3 out of 62 anti virus engines picking up something on the apk. I installed it none the less, and it works. Did the resolution test using test patterns and it's full HD 1920x1080. Thanks again for this. Finally an Android TV version.
You do know, in the future you can patch the APK yourself, then you know for a fact it doesnt have virus;s.

I found this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65001865&postcount=12

It explains how you can take the official apk file and patch it yourself, so that you get FullHD regardless of the device name, as long as the device has Widevine L1. At least this way, you know what is in the apk you installing on your device.

Gothan

Expert Member
You do know, in the future you can patch the APK yourself, then you know for a fact it doesnt have virus;s.

I found this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65001865&postcount=12

It explains how you can take the official apk file and patch it yourself, so that you get FullHD regardless of the device name, as long as the device has Widevine L1. At least this way, you know what is in the apk you installing on your device.
I just want a working Netflix TV version

PDF_27

Thanks Tinuva. I'm not at all familiar with coding or scripts as shown in that thread, I wouldn't know what I'm doing. Are you saying that we can take an official version (Netflix android TV version from apkmirror) and patch it like shown in that thread to work on our device?

Tinuva

The Magician
Thanks Tinuva. I'm not at all familiar with coding or scripts as shown in that thread, I wouldn't know what I'm doing. Are you saying that we can take an official version (Netflix android TV version from apkmirror) and patch it like shown in that thread to work on our device?
Correct. While I haven't tested it myself (dont have a netflix account), reading the instructions and what the guy said how it works, its a definite yes from what I understand.