Telkom Mobile is rocking

Hummercellc

Expert Member
I have 4 Contracts with Telkom, but as I have said previously I am cancelling, the network is not great, very inconsistent Data Services.

RAIN is by far more reliable.

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
i like telkom, but i have to laugh. got phoned this week because they're running a promo and my contract has been due for renewal since may. i told the lady that i'm currently just letting it run month-to-month and paying R50, and for what i use the phone for, that's brilliant.

telkom: "well, we have a contract that will be less than what you're paying"
me: "less than R50?!"
telkom: "are you paying R50 now?"
me: "yes"
telkom: "well, what were you paying before when you were still in contract?"
me: "R199"
telkom: "well, this new deal will be less than that - it's only R179"
me: "... that's not less than R50 though..."
telkom: "well, telkom currently doesn't have any contracts for R50 sir"

Randux

Expert Member
Expand network please. Looking at their coverage map it feels like their expansion is extremely slow or non-existent.

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
I have 4 Contracts with Telkom, but as I have said previously I am cancelling, the network is not great, very inconsistent Data Services.

RAIN is by far more reliable.

Well if you compare numbers Rain is no where near Telkom. I would think Rain will eventually suffer the same fate as Telkom. Congestion will start to plague the network.

Expand network please. Looking at their coverage map it feels like their expansion is extremely slow or non-existent.

I find their coverage map to grossly outdated when you look at LTE coverage. They only list 2300MHz LTE coverage and any 1800MHz is excluded.

Masataka

Network coverage could do with some improving, but their LIT contract packages are light-years ahead of what the others are offering.