Temporary Web Hosting

Frosty911

I am a newbie in the web design industry, and trying to make a name for myself. I am looking for a website where I can host my ready created websites so that the client can view it and give me feedback so I can do changes or whatever. I do not want to pay a lot for this hosting as I am doing this as a sideline business at home and not making much money yet. I must be able to host a few websites simultaneously as I will hopefully have more than 1 client at a time. And I must be able to upload and remove websites when I need to. This is not for permanent hosting of the websites. It is merely for me to have a platform to show the client what the site looks like so far. Your help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Messugga

Honorary Master
Depends on stack. Digital ocean comes to mind, if you're into LAMP. For Windows hosting, maybe something like Azure?

Frosty911

I am a newbie in the web design industry, and trying to make a name for myself. I am looking for a website where I can host my ready created websites so that the client can view it and give me feedback so I can do changes or whatever. I do not want to pay a lot for this hosting as I am doing this as a sideline business at home and not making much money yet. I must be able to host a few websites simultaneously as I will hopefully have more than 1 client at a time. And I must be able to upload and remove websites when I need to. This is not for permanent hosting of the websites. It is merely for me to have a platform to show the client what the site looks like so far. Your help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Frosty911

Hahahah I wish I understood what you are talking about.:crying: Ok I see LAMP is for Linux. I am using Windows, so I'm assuming Azure then?

Last edited:

WAslayer

Executive Member
When you say you are using Windows, do you mean you are designing the websites on .NET/MVC or are you simply using a Windows machine to design websites in html and or PHP..? or do you have hosted server or vps running windows..? You will need webhosting on Windows if your sites are based on .NET/MVC or webhosting on Linux if it is on PHP. Technically Windows can do PHP as well, but it generally performs better on Linux.. For html either will do..

As for your temp website solution.. get a hosting package that can host subdomains.. so your domain will be as an example www.fancywebsitedesign.co.za, where you advertise your services etc.. on the hosting package then you can setup a subdomain like customer1.fancywebsitedesign.co.za where you can build the website and the client can browse to it and have a look at the progress.

ChalkCheese

When you say you are using Windows, do you mean you are designing the websites on .NET/MVC or are you simply using a Windows machine to design websites in html and or PHP..? or do you have hosted server or vps running windows..? You will need webhosting on Windows if your sites are based on .NET/MVC or webhosting on Linux if it is on PHP. Technically Windows can do PHP as well, but it generally performs better on Linux.. For html either will do..

As for your temp website solution.. get a hosting package that can host subdomains.. so your domain will be as an example www.fancywebsitedesign.co.za, where you advertise your services etc.. on the hosting package then you can setup a subdomain like customer1.fancywebsitedesign.co.za where you can build the website and the client can browse to it and have a look at the progress.

What he said. Presumably you will have your own website so either sub-domain or sub-folder i.e. www.fancywebsitedesign.co.za/client1 etc.