Texo Hosting is phenomenal

AntiThesis

Executive Member
Does anyone else host with these guys?

I love it - like seriously. The level of support is huge, the packages are flexible and as powerful as you need 'em. I mean it's 23:44 and I'm receiving support within around 5 minutes of a request.

I've just migrated all my sites (12 of them) over to a new cloud server running ISP Manager Pro and there have been a couple of hiccoughs (from me bollocking things up mainly - but hey, what else is a learning curve for?) and they've been there the whole time.

Don't take this as advertising - I know I have an affiliate link in my sig but I don't care if you click it :p but if you're looking for a host, give them a go. Seriously.

If a mod feels this is inappropriate for MyBB, please remove :)

murraybiscuit

Executive Member
their support is good. and you generally get a mail back from somebody who knows what they're talking about.
if you want to do lamp dev on an overseas server, they're a good option.
that should cover a lot of sites out there, but if you're wanting to do ruby/c#/python etc or use local bw, i don't seem to remember them offering much.
maybe things have changed...

AntiThesis

Executive Member
Yeah unfortunately they are hosted outside the country - I've found the access speeds pretty snappy though so it hasn't been an issue. I do wish local BW was cheaper so more hosts used it, would be great.

I dunno about Ruby etc but chances are good that if you want it and contact them they may well make a plan.

synapseZA

I host with them and fully agree with you. They have good deals and BRILLIANT service.

Conradl

Expert Member
Texo is really good - we host with them and have had nothing but good service.

vatso

Definitely good service. Other companies can really learn from them what it is to respect your customers.

fionab

Wow at those prices I am moving my customers over. Thanks for the link and info

AntiThesis

Executive Member
fionab: Glad you like them - they really are phenomenal. I'm running one of the cloud servers 2.4ghz, 40gb hard drive, 1tb transfer. So speedy :D

If you feel like it, do use the affiliate link in my sig :)

hostinghelp

So their response times are good, great, but the servers are not in ZA, so they really are not a South African hosting service. Their IP lookup shows they are on UK-2 Ltd Autonomous System ISP, are they not just a reseller of http://www.uk2.net (and @Drake2007 that is not an affiliate link) hosting.

I love the way every month or so there is a Texo thread of love (and affiliate links).

DarkStreet

Expert Member
They're expensive. At the moment I am on a reseller account with a host in the US and for just over R 100 a month I get 25GB space, 250 GB bandwidth (soon to be upgraded to 750 GB free of charge), cPanel access, etc. and their current average support ticket response time is 16 minutes.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
They're expensive. At the moment I am on a reseller account with a host in the US and for just over R 100 a month I get 25GB space, 250 GB bandwidth (soon to be upgraded to 750 GB free of charge), cPanel access, etc. and their current average support ticket response time is 16 minutes.

What about the cheap accounts for home users? Like the sub-R50 ones

DarkStreet

Expert Member
What about the cheap accounts for home users? Like the sub-R50 ones

With my current host I see the cheapest account they have (shared hosting) is ~ R 56 a month for 10 GB space and 120 GB bandwidth.