The Audi Thread

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Audi Freeway Plan extendable up to 10 years/300 000 km

All new Audi vehicles in South Africa are sold as standard with a 5 year/100 000 km maintenance plan. Audi customers are now able to extend their cover by up to 10 years or 300 000 km, in increments of 1 year or 30 000 km.

If you are an Audi owner whose car is nearing the end of its maintenance term, this is an attractive option worth investigating to ensure peace of mind motoring as your car ages. It’s the plan made by Audi, for your Audi.

walterl

Expert Member
I bought a new Q5 in March 2018 and will probably go for this extension and see if I can keep the car for 10 years.

pb41

Certainly makes owning an Audi a more attractive long-term proposition and is an advantage versus the German competition. I will also be extending my 2017 A4‘s freeway plan to 10 years if the cost is reasonable.

droidx

Expert Member
Certainly makes owning an Audi a more attractive long-term proposition and is an advantage versus the German competition. I will also be extending my 2017 A4‘s freeway plan to 10 years if the cost is reasonable.
It does indeed.
My Fiancé bought a Mercedes shortly after I bought my Audi. They offer a 6 year 100 000km plan which can extend for two years. Hers was a 2015 model and mine 2016 with around the same mileage.

Audi at the time only allowed up to two year extensions which was rather expensive, especially compared to Mercedes. I remember the cost for one year of the Audi extension being comparable to the 2 year cost for Mercedes.

Audi have changed the game a bit with this new offering and I'll definitely look to extend mine to 2026.

handyman007

So I can buy a 2015 Audi with say 80 000 km's and extend the maintenance plan to 2025 and 300 000 km's? Is that a warranty as well, covering engine and gearbox etc, not just services?

Jchan11hk

That's pretty impressive. If you want to buy a premium German car and are worried about maintenance, that plan is the clincher for me.
I would go to Audi and ask for more details on the maintenance plan first, warrant and maintenance plan are two different thing.

airborne

Honorary Master
That's pretty impressive. If you want to buy a premium German car and are worried about maintenance, that plan is the clincher for me.
But how much, it would be interesting to know how much a full 10yr\300000km extension would cost. 200k-300k km is when these luxury German vehicles start costing a mint to maintain.

Does anyone have any idea why they released this product, who in their segment offers something similar.

Or maybe the actuaries did the sums and it works out better for them in the long run, all that servicing must be done at Audi for the warranty to remain intact..

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
But how much, it would be interesting to know how much a full 10yr\300000km extension would cost. 200k-300k km is when these luxury German vehicles start costing a mint to maintain.

Does anyone have any idea why they released this product, who in their segment offers something similar.

Or maybe the actuaries did the sums and it works out better for them in the long run, all that servicing must be done at Audi for the warranty to remain intact..
The 10year/300k is a freeway plan extension, it includes servicing. Its like the BMW motorplan.

airborne

Honorary Master
The 10year/300k is a freeway plan extension, it includes servicing. Its like the BMW motorplan.
Whoa, that's impressive, so it's everything maintenance wise barring probably tyres and brakes?

Any indication on the cost at this stage?

droidx

Expert Member
The higher you go with mileage, the much more expensive it gets. Time based extensions are cheap.

To give an indication, I was quoted R29k for 5 years, time based.
5 years plus 20k km, the quote was around R47k.
To extend 5 years plus 50k km, the quote was around R61k.

I think that one you reaching 300k km the numbers will look much different due to the increased risk of breakage.

These numbers will obviously depend on the model and possibly other factors.
I have 3 examples within the A3 range showing similar pricing.

ahoudet

Expert Member
Whoa, that's impressive, so it's everything maintenance wise barring probably tyres and brakes?

Any indication on the cost at this stage?
The maintenance plan includes wear and tear items like the battery, wipers, brakes, etc too. Excludes tyres though.

droidx

Expert Member
How does time based work?

Is there a mileage limitation or what?
Audi provides an initial 5 year 100k km freeway plan on all new cars. So if you buy a low mileage second hand car, for example 4.5 years and 40 000km.
You could then extend the time of the plan and your mileage limit would remain 100 000km.
Any mileage added goes on top of the initial 100 000km.

By the way I also got quotes for time based 1 year to 5 years. The price doesn't vary much between 3 & 5.

The F&I person said it is better to buy time first and add mileage as you need it. I intend to go and meet with her to discuss.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Audi provides an initial 5 year 100k km freeway plan on all new cars. So if you buy a low mileage second hand car, for example 4.5 years and 40 000km.
You could then extend the time of the plan and your mileage limit would remain 100 000km.
Any mileage added goes on top of the initial 100 000km.

By the way I also got quotes for time based 1 year to 5 years. The price doesn't vary much between 3 & 5.

The F&I person said it is better to buy time first and add mileage as you need it. I intend to go and meet with her to discuss.
Aaah extension of the existing plan.

Makes sense.

Explains why friends of my folks always drove their Audis under plan forever.

jvrs

This is a feeler post, for the V6 Tdi lovers.
I might need to sell my baby, to get a small boring noddy car, the wife outright refuses to drive my A6.
Details of car:
2010 A6 V6 Tdi Tiptronic, Silver, Sunroof, 4 New Hankook Ventus V12 tyres, PDC front and back, MMI with harddrive and bluetoothe, new battery, only Ravenol oil used.
135 000Km, DPF and Cat removed for longevity purposes. Great condition inside and out
Drop me line if interested.

Edit: Cape Town