The Audi Thread

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Audi to launch final combustion car in 2026, report says

Audi CEO Markus Duessmann has reportedly decided on a date for the switchover to pure-EV powertrains

Audi bosses have reportedly agreed a plan that will result in the brand launching its final combustion-engined car as soon as 2026.

According to a report from German publication Süddeutsche Zeitung, Audi CEO Markus Duesmann presented the new electrification timeline to the board of management yesterday (17 June).

The news is expected to be made official in the coming days.

Such an acceleration of Audi's electrification targets would be in line with wider ambitions set by its Volkswagen Group parent company, which has previously hinted that it would shift focus wholly to electrified vehicles in Europe from 2026.

Audi's range of electric vehicles is rapidly expanding. Since the 2018 launch of its first, the E-tron SUV, it has launched the E-tron GT fastback and the Q4 E-tron crossover, and it will reveal the A6 E-tron saloon and Q5 E-tron SUV in 2022.

Nearly every mainstream passenger car in the Audi line-up is now available with a plug-in hybrid powertrain, too.

It is expected that Audi will sell combustion-engined cars into the 2030s, however, with the final ICE model expected to have a conventional lifecycle of around seven years from 2026. It is not yet known which model will feature Ingolstadt's final engine, but the current-generation Q5 will be up for replacement at around that time.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
It’s official: Audi to ditch combustion engines by 2033

Following international media reports earlier this week, stating that Audi plans to launch its last combustion-engined model by 2026, the German carmaker has made it official, while also confirming an end-date for production of ICE cars.

Speaking at a Climate Neutrality Foundation conference on Tuesday, Audi CEO Markus Duesmann said that production of Audi’s final “completely newly developed combustion engine model” would commence in 2025 and that from 2026 onwards the company would only release purely electric models onto the global market. Following that, Audi says it will gradually phase out the production of internal combustion engines until 2033. However there could be a reprieve for markets such as China, where Audi still sees demand for ICE vehicles continuing beyond 2033. Audi says it could continue building internal combustion cars in China beyond that date, depending on demand and legislation, but there’s no word on whether other markets such as South Africa would receive these models too.

“I don’t believe in the success of bans. I believe in the success of technology and innovation,” Audi CEO Duesmann said. To that end, the company is planning a significant expansion of its all-electric range, and plans to have at least 20 electric models in its line-up by 2025.

Quey_Quick

Expert Member
Can someone explain to me the numbers 30 and 40 followed by TFSI ?

It's crap but essentially it's based on power output:

30 = 109-128 hp (81-96 kW)
35 = 147-160 hp (110-120 kW)
40 = 167-201 hp (125-150 kW)
45 = 226-248 hp (169-185 kW)
50 = 281-308 hp (210-230 kW)
55 = 328-368 hp (245-275 kW)
60 = 429-455 hp (320-340 kW)
70 = 536+ hp (400+ kW)

1626760467136.png

Source

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
OK, but how is that number derived? Does it have any relation to a performance figure or spec or something about the car or is it just a badge so you know where you sit in the pecking order?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I was hoping the numbers would have some more meaning on them, like perhaps call it an MBR (Mercedes-Benz Rating) implying it has the same power as an MB with the same numbers in it's badge?

sand_man

Honorary Master
Any decent workshops in and around Johannesburg servicing out of warranty Audi's, preferably one's that won't break the bank?

I got a guy who I've been using for a number of years but he is actually kak!! Given him too many chances...

airborne

Honorary Master
Any decent workshops in and around Johannesburg servicing out of warranty Audi's, preferably one's that won't break the bank?

I got a guy who I've been using for a number of years but he is actually kak!! Given him too many chances...
Look for Panic mechanic, think he's in Kempton park, I'm sure someone here will have his contact info. Probably the best when it comes to VAG.