The Audi Thread

Naks

Executive Member
Don't even get me started on the Evoque, the build quality is so horrible. Known issues as well. Bleugh.

weird. it's basically a tarted-up FL2, which is the most reliable LR and very few issues...

Bona Botse

A little insight goes a long way
weird. it's basically a tarted-up FL2, which is the most reliable LR and very few issues...

Just a few of the issues I've picked up so far:

1) Steering wheel controls intermittently stop working, apparently due to the rotary coupling (whatever that is).
2) Rattles, apparently due to low quality seals being used on the doors.
3) Wind noise when windows are closed, apparently due to the wing mirrors having to be replaced.

Sapcat

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say it's because he wants to continue to get laid :)

Bona Botse

Why'd you get one then?

And why are you trading a Q5 for an A6?

SU LOVES the Evoque, warts and all. Issues also became known to me afterwards when Googling.

Q5 must be replaced due to being out of motorplan (I don't feel like paying out of pocket if the S-tronic goes bust), and the A6 ticks all my boxes.

Quantum Theory

Executive Member
SU LOVES the Evoque, warts and all. Issues also became known to me afterwards when Googling.

Q5 must be replaced due to being out of motorplan (I don't feel like paying out of pocket if the S-tronic goes bust), and the A6 ticks all my boxes.

SU? Significant Udder?

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill

Ah, I see. Well let us know how the Evoque treats you (beyond these initial bumps). Always looked like a nice car to me.

SU? Significant Udder?

Why'd my mind also jump there first? :D

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
I just traded in my 2010 A4 2.0T Quattro with 80k KM last week at R200k so I think R230k is a good price for a newer less mileage A4.

It's not really newer though, is it? Age yes, but there's little/no difference between 2009 - 2011 B8s. 2012 (facelift LED strip) would be 'newer' to me.

Nor is it Quattro, which is a huge factor resulting in the trade in you got.

Just speaking from my experience which is trawling the classifieds for B8s for nearly a year.

Even seeing 2012 facelift A4s with low km for R240k.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

I never understand this.

Don't want to pay out of pocket "in case" the S-tronic goes bust which almost never happens but will happily spend 100-200k to change the car instead?

Makes no sense.

Now if you just said "because I want a new one" I would say cool beans, enjoy.

Bona Botse

I never understand this.

Don't want to pay out of pocket "in case" the S-tronic goes bust which almost never happens but will happily spend 100-200k to change the car instead?

Makes no sense.

Now if you just said "because I want a new one" I would say cool beans, enjoy.

Well the mechatronic (just one part of the s-tronic gearbox) on the A4 went bust and although it was covered by the warranty, the R30k invoice was enough to convince me to not want to own any car with a complicated gearbox out of warranty. These failures are also more common than "almost never" on 2009-2010 S-tronics.