The Bodybuilders Thread: Circuit II

Im probably the only person who prefers weighted dips instead of bench press, I've reached a point where Im now dipping close to 50% my bodyweight

I enjoy doing both.

What I don't like is incline bench. In the program I'm following now they come after flat bench and dips and by that time my muscles are pretty fatigued and I feel like such a weakling. Can only do about 70% of flat bench weight by then, with LOTS of shaking and grunting on the last few reps.
 
I enjoy doing both.

What I don't like is incline bench. In the program I'm following now they come after flat bench and dips and by that time my muscles are pretty fatigued and I feel like such a weakling. Can only do about 70% of flat bench weight by then, with LOTS of shaking and grunting on the last few reps.

I much prefer incline dumbell press to incline bench. I find the bench movement so 'unnatural'
 
Problem is that I can only load my dumbbells with max 30kg with the weights I have. So I can't go as heavy with them as I like.

I still do incline dumbbell though. Mostly on my high rep days.
 
All the way down :) For one :p

Thats quite good considering your weight dayum.

I'm fat now but would like to test what my bench is now I haven't benched in years I like dumbell press lately ( currently do between 50 and 55 x 10 reps) depending on how I feel that day and if I drank bicarbonate of soda prior
 
Thats quite good considering your weight dayum.

I'm fat now but would like to test what my bench is now I haven't benched in years I like dumbell press lately ( currently do between 50 and 55 x 10 reps) depending on how I feel that day and if I drank bicarbonate of soda prior

Thanks :) Hoping to get as close to 200 as possible by end of year, own personal goal. Doubt I will get much over 160 though.
 
my best lift is the weighted pull up (advanced) but man sometimes Im too chicken to try my one rep maxes
 
My program for chest is:
Incline barbell press
Incline dumbell press
Flat barbell press
Chest dips
Pec deck
 
Why can you lift heavier weights on a flat barbell press than on an incline barbell press.

I can lift almost 20 - 30% heavier weights on a flat bench press than on an incline bench.
 
Why can you lift heavier weights on a flat barbell press than on an incline barbell press.

I can lift almost 20 - 30% heavier weights on a flat bench press than on an incline bench.

Because incline involves shoulders more than on flat. And I tend to feel it in my triceps a lot more too. But that might be because it is the third chest exercise in my program.
 
Weighed in at 66.3 today.

The irony is I look the same. I've heard you gain fat from the inside out and I sure as hell haven't gained 6 kgs of muscle so... Bleh eh...

This bulk is not going well.
 
Anybody know where to get really small dumbell weights for incremental/small overloading? The smallest I see is the 1kg plates but I want even smaller so I can add them to my weights for gradual long term overloading as you would barbells.
 
Anybody know where to get really small dumbell weights for incremental/small overloading? The smallest I see is the 1kg plates but I want even smaller so I can add them to my weights for gradual long term overloading as you would barbells.

Why even bother with anything less than a kg?!
 
Anybody know where to get really small dumbell weights for incremental/small overloading? The smallest I see is the 1kg plates but I want even smaller so I can add them to my weights for gradual long term overloading as you would barbells.
Your best bet is to buy a dumbell kit, they usually include 5, 2.5, 1.25 and 0.5 I don't think I have seen anything smaller than a 1 for sale.
 
Did cardio for the first time in 2 years.

I was like, 'ill just do 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 on the cycle!'

11 minutes after being on the treadmill I was like 'ugggghhh let me just get this treadmill to say 100 calories burned'.

12 in I was at 95 cals burned and quit lmao.

After I felt nauseous AF. Damn I got unfit.

But oh well, its only uphill from here.

I really should get blood tests done for LDL and HDL. Been watching a lot of videos about veganism and the dangers of red meat and I feel like I would really benefit from a more veganish diet.

Anyone know where to get vegan foods in SA?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X