The Brexit Thread

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
More and more countries will follow suit now.

The budget gap left by the UK is just too big to be closed by the countries left.

Who do you think will contribute to fill this void?

Guess the Germans and the French. Italy is bankrupt and other nations are too small to fill the gap.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
:ROFL:

you bring customer reviews vs a court order and the regulator taking them to task, totally the same thing, a bank that allows all kinds of fraud is GREAT to its customers fyi, the fraudsters are customers after all

you really have no clue how this fintech thing works do you? :rolleyes:
Give it a rest now ffs. I'm talking about the impact of Brexit, you're talking about the reputation of a bank. Go and start a thread in the financial section or somewhere where your points are actually relevant.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Give it a rest now ffs
you first sunshine

I'm talking about the impact of Brexit
So am I, only, in your warped, biased opinion, every loss the UK experiences due to brexit is a negative thing. Those among us who are able to think rationally about things realise that some losses are a positive thing for the UK.

The loss of a bank that openly allows fraud is a positive for the UK.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Well Switzerland isn't technically in the EU, but it sort of is.
in the past few years every Swiss referendum that had anything to do with curbing immigration went the same way, I expect if they were to vote on Schengen they will vote to pull out of it

konfab

Honorary Master
Never. They pay next to nothing in tax, the Tories have their back.
Here is a question for you. How much
The Swiss have referendums all the time on all sorts of issues and any citizen is able to initiate one, so I wouldn't read to much into it, without knowing the general feeling in Switzerland towards the EU, or more specifically, being part of the Schengen
Goddamn Swiss and their democracy :mad: .
Such archaic things should be outsourced to responsible bureaucrats in Brussels

buka001

Executive Member

konfab

Honorary Master
I know. I wish many more democracies could operate like the Swiss with lots of referenda. The Swiss are smart cookies...I'm hoping they vote for my preferred option. :cool:
It isn't just direct democracy and referendums. It is the entire organisation of their government.Their federal structure really is one that the whole world should copy.

buka001

Executive Member
To expropriate a phrase from you lefties:
“When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
The equality they had has now been given up, to bring back Rule Britannia.

Loving the abject ignorance of that tweeter.