The Brexit Thread

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Scotland could be applying to rejoin the EU by then ;).
I’m a bit worried about the situation to be honest. I reckon Scotland is on the brink of some serious troubles. The country is split and the unionists will not take it lying down if a Yes vote goes through.

Dave

Honorary Master
I’m a bit worried about the situation to be honest. I reckon Scotland is on the brink of some serious troubles. The country is split and the unionists will not take it lying down if a Yes vote goes through.
You do have a point there. I think NI might be in a similar place with their unionists in the future.

The Voice

Executive Member
I actually wonder how another independence referendum will go down 6 years later. How confident are they that everyone who voted No last time won't do so again?

Also, if they do somehow pull it off and gain independence, what exactly would they be able to offer the EU as a new member state? Their oil? It's not exactly rolling in money otherwise on its own compared to its worth in the UK. And it's deficit is currently 7x higher than the UK's. If they leave the UK, but their application to join the EU is rejected, they're well and truly farked.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Most SAA African flights arrive in the same time window, late afternoon until about 7pm.

Most foreign african airlines arrive from about 11am - 2pm

Most European flights arrive early in the morning until about 10am.

Have been at the airport numerous times during these periods. The only issue I have had is when there is a shift change, I know one happens at about 6am in the morning. That's the only time I have experienced a delay. And it wasn't long.
Well lucky you.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I actually wonder how another independence referendum will go down 6 years later. How confident are they that everyone who voted No last time won't do so again?

Also, if they do somehow pull it off and gain independence, what exactly would they be able to offer the EU as a new member state? Their oil? It's not exactly rolling in money otherwise on its own compared to its worth in the UK. And it's deficit is currently 7x higher than the UK's. If they leave the UK, but their application to join the EU is rejected, they're well and truly farked.
I don’t get this argument. I don’t know why Scotland would fail as a country when any other country in Europe or beyond can somehow manage to stay afloat. Do Ireland or Finland have oil? How do these countries manage to survive without it? What does Denmark have that Scotland doesn’t?

Scotland, known as a nation of inventors, engineers and scientists. Who gave the world everything from the man who actually invented modern economics to its most popular products such as television and telephones.

Why on earth would Scotland be fscked? And if it was as bad as you make it out to be, why the hell are the rUK trying so hard to hold onto them? Does that make sense? Scotland the money pit, but please don’t go? Nah. The question is not whether Scotland can go it alone, it’s do they want to.

Go and have a SCOTCH and think about it ;)

Whright

You should not be worried at all, Scotland always make sure their bread is buttered, be it UK or EU.

I see you you might be out of here (SA) in the next couple of years, just make sure it’s Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Dave

Honorary Master
I see you you might be out of here (SA) in the next couple of years, just make sure it’s Glasgow or Edinburgh.
Interesting you feel the need to tell a Scot where to go to in Scotland...

Have you considered also suggesting which football team he should support?

Whright

Interesting you feel the need to tell a Scot where to go to in Scotland...

Have you considered also suggesting which football team he should support?
NO....... it’s up to you Scott’s, choose who want on your side.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
You should not be worried at all, Scotland always make sure their bread is buttered, be it UK or EU.

Born in Glasgow, raised on the edge of Edinburgh. Family now mainly in the Borders.

Anywhere is good, but it’ll always be Edinburgh first choice.

C4Cat

Executive Member
I see the UK - US relationship is off to a good start
The US president was said to be “apoplectic” with rage over Mr Johnson’s refusal to ban Huawei, which Washington believes could pose a security threat due to the firm’s relationship with the Chinese government.
Boris Johnson has called off plans for a spring visit to the United States to see Donald Trump amid ongoing transatlantic tensions that threatens to overshadow trade talks, it was reported today.

The Prime Minister is said to have originally planned to visit Washington last month following his election victory, before moving the trip to February

But now the plans for a visit are said to have been shelved and the two men will not meet face-to-face until a G7 summit at Camp David in Maryland in June