The Brexit Thread

konfab

Honorary Master

konfab

Honorary Master
The equality they had has now been given up, to bring back Rule Britannia.

Loving the abject ignorance of that tweeter.
So now they are a victim of the EU then?

I can see why that would cause a bit of cognitive dissonance for some...

buka001

Executive Member
So now they are a victim of the EU then?

I can see why that would cause a bit of cognitive dissonance for some...
He voted to leave the EU. Why should he be frustrated at the fact that the EU wants to treat them like they treat others who are outside of the Union. He asked for that.

Control of our borders. End free movement! But heaven forbid the EU do the same.

This guy vindicates a lot of what I have been saying. People had no idea that they were voting for a nuclear radiation emitting factory in their town when the corporates came and told them to vote for a factory.

konfab

Honorary Master
He voted to leave the EU. Why should he be frustrated at the fact that the EU wants to treat them like they treat others who are outside of the Union. He asked for that.
To be fair, that is a ridiculous waiting period for anyone. I don't think this is on the EU, rather it is on the airport.

Control of our borders. End free movement! But heaven forbid the EU do the same.
:ROFL::laugh::ROFL:
:laugh::ROFL::laugh:
:ROFL::laugh::ROFL:

This guy vindicates a lot of what I have been saying. People had no idea that they were voting for a nuclear radiation emitting factory in their town when the corporates came and told them to vote for a factory.
And what the remainers are, are the retarded activists who get all their information about the harm of radiation from an anti-vaxxer Facebook group.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
He should check immigration in South Africa. 20 people in front of you then the one person at passport control types stuff, leaves, comes back 10 minutes later, gets 6 people through the gate, rotates with another sloth, etc...
I dunno how much you travel, but ORTambo is one of the fastest I've seen.

Multiple times, I've taken between 18-25 minutes from the plane touching down to the arrivals hall after collecting baggage

And I'm a foreigner, so it takes longer.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
I dunno how much you travel, but ORTambo is one of the fastest I've seen.

Multiple times, I've taken between 18-25 minutes from the plane touching down to the arrivals hall after collecting baggage

And I'm a foreigner, so it takes longer.

It depends on your flight. If you're on a fairly empty flight they stock customs with less people and when a 747 lands all of a sudden the booths are filled.

buka001

Executive Member
To be fair, that is a ridiculous waiting period for anyone. I don't think this is on the EU, rather it is on the airport.

:ROFL::ROFL:
:ROFL:
:ROFL::ROFL:

And what the remainers are, are the retarded activists who get all their information about the harm of radiation from an anti-vaxxer Facebook group.
55min is not ridiculous for a major Airport. Every time we return to the UK through Heathrow it is generally longer than that. Smaller airports are 20-30mins. If a plane from Japan has landed, 2 hours easily.

Thank God that is over for us, straight through the biometric ones now :)

I am flying to Schipol over Easter, will see what happens

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
It depends on your flight. If you're on a fairly empty flight they stock customs with less people and when a 747 lands all of a sudden the booths are filled.
Most SAA African flights arrive in the same time window, late afternoon until about 7pm.

Most foreign african airlines arrive from about 11am - 2pm

Most European flights arrive early in the morning until about 10am.

Have been at the airport numerous times during these periods. The only issue I have had is when there is a shift change, I know one happens at about 6am in the morning. That's the only time I have experienced a delay. And it wasn't long.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Shame, border checks, who would have thunk? O and probably a remoaner claiming to have voted leave... Welcome to the real world son :D

Edit: checked his post history Obvious Brexiteer. Dude must be living under a rock then. What did he expect? :D

Yep, kind of sums up the turkeys voting for Christmas attitude of the leave voters.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
LOL, while I was in entering the UK last year at the end of September at Heathrow, I had to wait around 45mins-1 hour even though I have a UK passport. The UK authorities have kindly added Americans, Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders to the same queue as the EU nationals. It's frustrating but really not that big of an issue and certainly not one that should determine how you'd vote.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
LOL, while I was in entering the UK last year at the end of September at Heathrow, I had to wait around 45mins-1 hour even though I have a UK passport. The UK authorities have kindly added Americans, Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders to the same queue as the EU nationals. It's frustrating but really not that big of an issue and certainly not one that should determine how you'd vote.

Why didn't you use the biometric scanners?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Good question, why didn't the person who posted the tweet?

Chris was entering the UK. Should just waltz in with a UK passport through the biometric scanners.

The other person was trying to enter Netherlands. You know, Europe ;)

Pitbull

Verboten
Chris was entering the UK. Should just waltz in with a UK passport through the biometric scanners.

The other person was trying to enter Netherlands. You know, Europe ;)

O apologies understood his post wrong then. Sounded like he was trying to enter UK again after a trip. Tweet wasn't clear

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I did...there was still a big-ish queue. The biometrics don't always work perfectly as people have to stand in the correct position - many people get it wrong first time.

Fair enough. I've never been more than 10-15 minutes max at Heathrow.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
O apologies understood his post wrong then. Sounded like he was trying to enter UK again after a trip. Tweet wasn't clear

Just having a laugh. You know, I reckon this whole Brexit thing was bloody stupid, but it's happened and I'm all for making it work. Not least because I reckon I'll be back living there in a year or two ;)