Mr Scratch

Expert Member
Just for interest sake, if you had your own online weed store (trying to make a name for yourself), how would you go about doing this ?

1. Act like someone else on one or various platforms and rant and rave about the company (your) product
2. Be straight up and try make a name for yourself ?

I ask because I have seen an example in the older thread, where the seller was in the wrong decide to be honest and sent some samples to a know forum member and it was all good. So I’m curious as to why some people aren’t just more open about their situation.

Sell a good product and the customers will come.

Acid0

Expert Member
Quick question, (This might have been answered in the previous thread but seriously not going to go through the tons of info)

If I want to grow my own from a good strain(indica) in the Gauteng area.
1. Is it best to do it outside?

2. Best to do it inhouse?

3.1. Should it have just partly sun or full sun or does it depends on the strain.
3.2. Do you water it every day or just every nth amount of days.

4. How long should it take to make your usable buds?

supafly1

Quick question, (This might have been answered in the previous thread but seriously not going to go through the tons of info)

3.1. Should it have just partly sun or full sun or does it depends on the strain.

Are you setup for an indoor grow. It is not cheap but yields will be great.
Lighting requirements are strain dependent. Generally as much sun as possible.
As per harvest times on buds it is also dependent on strain.

For the above reasons i choose to purchase my buds rather than growing my own.

free3dom

As mentioned, for an indoor grow you will need to invest some money - you can "fake it", but the yields will be low and the quality will be less than optimal.
My favourite supply shop for grow equipment is: https://gthydro.co.za
You will need the following (minimum):
1. A tent - unless you have a dedicated room that you can switch off lights and leave closed for 12 hours at a time)
2. Grow lights - for indoor nowadays LED lights are great since they provide "good" light, don't generate much heat.
3. Soil / nutrients - I put these two together because you can buy an organic "super soil" (one with included nutrients), or use a good base soil and provide your own nutrients.

There are many other things you can acquire over time, such as meters for temp/humidity/co2, fans / heaters to regulate temp, as well as other things to tailor your grow environment (ph balancing soil, add/reduce c02, etc).

Given all that, growing outdoor is much simpler but comes with some drawbacks, most notably being tied to the seasons. You want to grow cannabis through the spring/summer months, at which point the sun will trigger the natural states: vegetative growth (the growing and get big part) and flowering (the making of the good stuff). The other problem with outdoor is the elements - hail, pests, bugs, disease to name a few (indoor grows can still be susceptible to bugs/pests/disease, but it's easier to isolate and treat when needed).

As for timelines, for an indoor grow you can get some buds grown in 10-14 weeks (depending on strain and available grow space - larger plants require more vegetation time).
For an outdoor grow it depends on when you plant them - but you're looking at 2-6 months - yields on a 6 month grow will be good if you keep the plants healthy.

You could also grow in an outdoor greenhouse (with glass) - this has the benefits of sunlight (still the best light available) while limiting the exposure to the elements.

Unfortunately this is a huge subject, and you'll have to do some research to find all the answers for you specific needs. Good luck :)

Afon Kulikov

Forging
nf29i1qtaxv61.jpg

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
I found something else on the site and yes it works well IMG-20210429-WA0004.jpg

kelvinator

Morning Everyone, May the 4th be with you‍
Question: Have any of you quit smoking cigarettes while smoking joints at the same time?
Been trying for a while now but I think the whole lighting up etc is making it harder to quit the cigs.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
Question: Have any of you quit smoking cigarettes while smoking joints at the same time?
Been trying for a while now but I think the whole lighting up etc is making it harder to quit the cigs.
Use a bong instead? It may break the mental connection you have with lighting up

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Cool thanks, are you off of the Nic Salts as well? Not to keen on replacing one method of smoking nicotene with another.
Yeah I wouldnt do it, for me quitting the vape will be much harder than quitting ciggies would have been.
Most of my mates say the same thing after switching over a few years back.

GavinHRC

Cool thanks, are you off of the Nic Salts as well? Not to keen on replacing one method of smoking nicotene with another.
No, still like nicotine, been vaping for over 10 years now. It's much less hard on the lungs. The major harm from smoking is not the nicotine.

competentblob

Yes I did. My routine used to be a cig straight after a j so it was a tough habit to break but the foul taste of tobacco helped quite a bit :)