The Craft Beer Thread

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Had some Gilroys at Gilroys today. Had the Favourite and Traditional. Bought some for home as well - 8 x Favourite, 4 x Traditional and 4 x Serious. Can't wait to get into them!

Had some Gilroys at Gilroys today. Had the Favourite and Traditional. Bought some for home as well - 8 x Favourite, 4 x Traditional and 4 x Serious. Can't wait to get into them!
Us too! Wife loves it. Just going to bring one upstairs now! We enjoyed the food too. We went to Steve's naughty talk a fortnight ago. Not for the children, but great fun.
We must have been there about the same time yesterday. Small world.

It was lovely - the beer I took upstairs.

Last edited:

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Us too! Wife loves it. Just going to bring one upstairs now! We enjoyed the food too. We went to Steve's naughty talk a fortnight ago. Not for the children, but great fun.
We must have been there about the same time yesterday. Small world.

It was lovely - the beer I took upstairs.
Honestly their food is good, but could be better. The starters we has was good - haloumi, cheese and jalapeno bites and chicken strips. I ordered the eisbein, but it was actually quite bland. It was basically a broiled and grilled to crispy, but very blandly seasoned with no sauce or drizzling. Was OK, but I've definitely had better.

Beers though - yoh. It's hard not to open, pour and down the beer in one go. Great beers, those.

Honestly their food is good, but could be better. The starters we has was good - haloumi, cheese and jalapeno bites and chicken strips. I ordered the eisbein, but it was actually quite bland. It was basically a broiled and grilled to crispy, but very blandly seasoned with no sauce or drizzling. Was OK, but I've definitely had better.

Beers though - yoh. It's hard not to open, pour and down the beer in one go. Great beers, those.
I'll avoid the Eisbein then, but I don't care for it much anyway! I had chicken strips in a chip basket, and it was just what I wanted. The ladies enjoyed the chicken wraps very much.
But the beer is just great!