The Craft Beer Thread

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
So a beer every 15 mins then :D
That would seem about right! :whistling:

When I was a youth I would drink beer like a normal person, a dumpie every half an hour or so...
Then I moved to Windhoek and started drinking with German folk who introduced me to the Euro, a 500ml bottle.... back then it was the original HANSA beer and the legendary Windhoek Export.....

I got into the habit of drinking Euro's and it stuck,

When i walk into local bars here, the barmen would serve me two bottles for my first few rounds, hence I now tend to consume beer quite quickly, I guess I will admit that I am a bit of a binge drinker......

:erm:

Toxxyc

Expert Member
As craft as it gets:

Still needs some time, but it's turning out to be great. Quite close to what I'd hoped I'd achieve.

Praeses

Expert Member
A colleague and I ordered some Brewdog beers last week:
5AM Saint
Punk IPA
Dead Pony Club
Cocoa Psycho
Jet Black Heart

Had lots of Brewdog when I was in Scotland - so this reminded me of my trip :D

Only one I haven't tasted yet is the Jet Black Heart, will try it tonight. Luckily our university's brewing team has introduced me to really hoppy beers, so Brewdog beers are perfect for my palate :D

PS: Cocoa Psycho is not for the faint of heart ;)

20180804_131735.jpg

Last edited:

Toxxyc

Expert Member
^^ What style is that?
A modified Irish Dry Stout. I added coffee, cacao and a light dose of lactose. Turned it into my own dark chocolate milk stout. Tastes like dark, high-cacao content chocolate. Think Lindt 85% or something like that, with a strong hoppy kick.

Gothan

Expert Member
I’m selling my kegerator, two 19L kegs and all connectors. I’ve had some problems with my pancreas of late. So have to stop drinking, and it’s just torture to make beer your can’t drink. Everything for R3500