The iOS 11 Thread/Discussion

crackersa

Honorary Master
I’ve been on Apple betas for years and never had an issue.

Downloading 11.4 tonight.
that's very comforting to hear! the update finished on the apple tv awhile ago (gotta love my 400mb line). i'll go play with it when i can take a break from work.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Cool story, espcially those ones who have to defend their online friends when they and their friend were told by the mods to stop what they were doing.

Yet here we are again.
And the only reason the mods told them anything was because of a certain member having a stick up their arse...

bluepoole

I updated my iPhone successfully to iOS 11.3 last week. Today, I am trying to do the same with my iPad. Strangely enough, it says my device is "up to date" with iOS 11.2.6.

It is an iPad Pro 9.7".

Has anyone else experienced this problem in the past, or know what one could try/do to solve it?

greg0205

Honorary Master
I updated my iPhone successfully to iOS 11.3 last week. Today, I am trying to do the same with my iPad. Strangely enough, it says my device is "up to date" with iOS 11.2.6.

It is an iPad Pro 9.7".

Has anyone else experienced this problem in the past, or know what one could try/do to solve it?
Had this once. I clicked Check For Update again and it recognised the update.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So good to be back on iPhone.

Even if just a 6.

Android can kiss my ass.

Fiddled with the iPad Pro and *new* iPad today and in isolation I'm sure it's fine but next to each other the smooth scrolling on that Pro screen is a marvel.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
iOS 11 adoption rate climbs to 76%

Apple’s iOS 11 operating system now powers 76% of active devices in the wild.

The new data point was captured by App Store on April 22, 2018 and released today via Apple’s dashboard for developers. iOS 10 is still found on 10% of active iOS devices while older versions account for 5% of devices that are unsupported by iOS 11.

Apple on January 18 said iOS 11 powered 65% of active devices, meaning the operating system has gained eleven percentage points in the past three months. The major iOS 11.2 software update in December and iOS 11.3 in March likely helped boost iOS 11’s adoption numbers.

To put that in some context, Android 8.0 Oreo, the latest and greatest version of Google’s mobile operating system, is installed on 4.6% of devices that use Google’s Play services. Google’s Android dashboard for developers does not take into account smartphones and tablets that don’t run Play services or use third-party app stores.

The vast majority of Android hardware is on versions there years old.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2018/04/25/ios-11-adoption-rate-76-percent/

Pie.png

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Anyone use the reddit app? My 3D Touch has stopped working in the app since the update. No idea if it’s linked, can’t imagine how it could be but it’s a bit weird nonetheless.

3D Touch works everywhere else by the looks of it.

Dave

Honorary Master
Anyone use the reddit app? My 3D Touch has stopped working in the app since the update. No idea if it’s linked, can’t imagine how it could be but it’s a bit weird nonetheless.

I've just installed it to check, exactly what should work with 3D Touch?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I've just installed it to check, exactly what should work with 3D Touch?
The the pictures from the top stories on the home page should open 3D Touch style, but they don't.

I often use it because when I open a post I usually go straight to the comments instead fo clicking on the OP which takes you off to another site.

For example, looking at my home page just now, there is a post from the PS4 sub is a link to a Red Dead Redemption 2 twitter post. So I 3D Touch the post to have a quick scan instead of pressing and opening the post which would take me to twitter.

Dave

Honorary Master

3D Touch on links in the Reddit app works for me.